Sign in to follow this  

fun mover 39c owners????

anyone with a 39c? what kind of mpg do you get with the cat 300 motor? have you owned other RV's? how does it compare?

i have my eye on a 39c and a 35c Gulf Stream. i like the gulf stream more for layout and med-big size, but it's a gas chevy rig and it cost a little more. i plan on owning it for a year or so (living in it full time with wife, 4yo and two dogs) then selling and moving to hawaii, so i'm concerned about resale and how much i'm gonna loose over that time. i think the diesel 39c is a better buy and will hold it's value better. the 39c also has a slide out, which the 35c does not, but i'm on the fence as to if that is that much of a benefit.

i guess what i want to really know is, is the diff between a 35 and 39 footer that big of a deal, or will they both be equally limited when trying to get into tight spots?

You won't regret a slide out-especially with a kid and two dogs. What looks like a mere bit of room on paper is a HUGE amount of space when you're living in it.

As for the Cat 300-8 mpg to 10 mpg is about the norm-while the Funmover may not be as heavy as dump trucks and other chassis this motor was designed for, it is still pushing alot of wind going down the road.

Manueverability-it really depends on the wheel base-which one is shorter is the one which will swing around faster. However, the shorter wheelbase will not ride as well as a longer one (bucking bronco effect).

While the shorter one may manuever better, you will have to constantly mindful of the tailswing when cornering. They can swing out quite far.