Sign in to follow this  

i split the cases now what??

hey. i split the cases on a little 65 and now i am putting it back together. the crank seals are pressed in the cases and I pressed the main bearings on the crank assembly. can anyone give me tips on what to do now?? is there a way, without buying specialty tools, that i can get the crank into the cases? i didn't think about having the outer edge of the bearing pressed into the cases but i guess it obviously needs to...please help!! thanks in advance!

oh and also, any1 who has done this b4. any advice for issues that i may run across further into assembly?

hey. i split the cases on a little 65 and now i am putting it back together. the crank seals are pressed in the cases and I pressed the main bearings on the crank assembly. can anyone give me tips on what to do now?? is there a way, without buying specialty tools, that i can get the crank into the cases? i didn't think about having the outer edge of the bearing pressed into the cases but i guess it obviously needs to...please help!! thanks in advance!

oh and also, any1 who has done this b4. any advice for issues that i may run across further into assembly?

matt 4x4 has posted a very good article on this in the pee-wee forum i would look at the kx65 posts in there, there is a bunch

you will need a crank installer tool which u should have if u split the cases to pull the crank into the case...after that u basically go backwards in what you did..after getting the crank in you will then need the splitter tool to pull the other half onto the crank...

part 1 of 3

ur at part 2 but watch the first one to see wat tools u will need

• Like 1

you will need a crank installer tool which u should have if u split the cases to pull the crank into the case...after that u basically go backwards in what you did..after getting the crank in you will then need the splitter tool to pull the other half onto the crank...
part 1 of 3

Cool Video :) Good find!

part 1 of 3

thanks!