Sign in to follow this  

noisy chain

is it normal for the chain to make ton of noise ? this is a pretty much brand new chain and i think i have the slack set up right im thinking it may be that lower roller ???? bike has about 8500 miles also i do lube and check the tension every other week

My bike makes so many noises, that I have trouble distinguishing what's coming from where. That being said, earplugs will make all those frightening sounds go away.

Try a shot of wd-40 around the bottom chain roller, and check to be sure there are no clips or hoses rubbing the chain (the one that comes down by your rear shock sometimes gets bent over and rubs.).

Do You Have The Front Chain Cover Of I Took Mine Of And The Chain Sounds Much Louder As It Go's Over The Front Sproket

My chain is noisy as well. It seems louder since I removed the chain guard on the swingarm though. It does quiet down after a good lubing. I have been using maxima chain wax with pretty good luck.

I really want to swap out the chain rollers. Top and bottom. They have the nice sealed bearing ones that I bet would help out with noise. I have a brand new bike and just going up with my finger and touching the top roller, it has a bunch of play and you can tell it would make noise if the chain rubs on it. Anyone change theirs?

ok i think i had it too tight it's fairly loose now and it's alot quieter