Sign in to follow this  

TC cam into TE450 2005?

I was wondering if anyone knows if a TC intake cam can be fitted to a TE450 2005? A few second had intake cams are starting to become available now so I was thinking it is worth a try. Some other thoughts I've had are 06' model valves but I'm told it's not worth the trouble, checking the valve timing by an experianced tuner or flowing the head. Hope someone can help me in my quest for a little more top end to keep up with the WRF's!

Jeremy

I'm no authority on the subject but, do understand engines! Things to consider......typically, the intake and exhaust cams work as a matched pair so changing only the intake, TE to TC, may have undesirerable results unless the specs on the exhaust are the same for both the TE and TC! Also, consider wether or not the ignition mapping is different between the two models. There are more details but, I'm not writing a book. Hope this helps you to some degree!

Tom

The cam will work. and the black boxes are mapped a little different.

There are a lot of variables. Someone needs to work out a step by step process to getting more from each particular bike. Like stage 1 Gearing, muffler Stage 2 etc... Well I'm still considering the intake cam as it's cheap and easy to test I just need to know which model is the best to use. I have access to 450 04' and 06' model intake cams but not 05' as yet.

So with ignitions is it worth getting a vortex ignition or a TC ignition?

the factory smr 450 rr has a tc cam on the intake side, and a te cam for the exhaust. but it is running a H/C piston, and what black box i have no idea. :D:worthy::)