Sign in to follow this  

610 or 690

gidday fellas just sold my 03ktm 450 exc ive had since new and im lookin for something i can bush ride and use for 30k trips for work had a look at the ktm 690 looks good for the road not much suspension travel for the bush. i thought the husky mite be better in the bush im thinkin of gettin motard wheels for the road ridin so i can have decent knobbies for the bush pretty wet were i live any thoughts appreciated

cheers

OCD

I had a similar thing, almost went the 610 over the 690 but ended up with a new WR450 instead, great/fast on the trails but not so good riding 30 plus km to them.(bearable) I'm thinking the 610 would've been a better all rounder just not as easy to handle in the more difficult stuff due to the extra weight. I still might trade in for the 610 just to have a more do it all bike.

All the best with your choice.

My buddy has a 690 and we swap rides. It is nice - faster than my 07 TE and even though it doesn't have as much suspension travel it handles great.

The two biggest things I don't like about the 690 is the close ratio 6 speed. Almost as bad as my old DRZ. For a true all around bike you can't beat the 610s tranny. I hated changing CS sprockets constantly.

The other thing is the rear rack or lack there of. any normal set up would block the gas cap. My buddy has adapted one from the 690 SM but it is pretty funky.

Oh and one other thing - the cost - almost $10,000 out the door!!

The TE610 is a fantastic do it all DS bike. With an extra set of SM wheels it is SUPER flexible and FUN. I have this setup and LOVE it.

cheers fellas i am going to check out the 610 today the 690 is not 10grand in oz its 15 grand the 610 is 12grand u fellas are doin ok in the US as the ex rate is close now