Sign in to follow this  

brakeing front disc pads

i have just replaced my 07 250 brake pads they had done between 80 to 90 hours and got very thin but the brake was so strong ,the best i have ever had. i have fitted a set of brakeing pads and cleaned the disc and changed the fluid and done the overnight pulltie lever trick and bedded the pads in but

the brake is not as good as before. has anybody found the same problem with this make of pads or are the oem ones the best ,i have read that honda pads are also good. glad of any info. thanks phily cee

They may need to break in, many pads require a little riding to break in. They may also just be poorly performing pads, I haven't tried those particular ones so I can't comment.

My question is how did you get 80-90 hours out of a set of brakes? I get between 15-20 tops out of any brand pad, stock or aftermarket.

my pads lasted well and they were great at stoping my 92 kilos, i just carry a lot of corner speed and only use the front brake as short a period as possible,

i got nearly 55 hours out of the back oem ones before i replaced those with braking ones but the back brake still works good.

I have not had such great luck with aftermarket pads. Most feel very soft and mushy. Power is not good either. I prefer a full metallic pad as most others give the brake lever a soft, squishy feel.

Honda front pads rule. They bed in quickly and offer more power and a better feel than stock.

I did not want to post this as I have never used Braking brand pads. They could be the Bees knees as far as I know!

Still, Honda front pads are tough to beat.

I recently added some Renthal Works rear pads to my yz. After break in I could say they are slightly better than oem yz pads. The drawback??? OEM yz pads are cheap. I think i paid 15.00 for my rears. The renthal pads were 30.00.

i just carry a lot of corner speed and only use the front brake as short a period as possible,

We don't call him fast Phil for nothin....:)

I have used braking pads with great results. But, if you are putting them on a used rotor it can take a while for them to bed in. The stopping power will increase over your next couple of rides.

I wonder if anyone ever resurfaces the rotors??? Cars and trucks for sure, but I have never seen anything abotu cycles. I did hear of sandblasting rotors for longer life.

Still, you have not lived until you try the stock Honda pads. Compared to the stock Yamaha pads its as much of a change as going to an oversize rotor. Oversize rotor and honda pads is even better.

I occassionaly de-glaze mine with some wet and dry. Mungrel job though.

Going slower helps with braking also. This works for me.:)