Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse Throw Out - 2008 TXC450

Did anyone have an issue with the throw out spacer not seating up into the outer plate even with the throw out spacer ball inserted into the housing?

Installed the unit last night and I have about 3/32" space between the top of the throw out spacer and hole of the pressure plate.

I have heard that a few of the TXC's might have been outside the rekluse tolerance, but 3/32" is a joke.

The rekluse plate adjustment is spot on, so I was thinking of adding an additional 3/32" spacer ball into the throw out shaft behind the stock 7/32'3 to push the throw out up into the notched hole in the pressure plate.

Has anyone seen this?

I can't think of any negative effect of adding additional length to the throw out arm would have on the auto clutch as long as it does not disengage the clutch while at rest.

Nice guys at Rekluse, but this is not the first QC issue I have had with them after installing and maintaining 5 of these darn things.

you have the gap after pumping the clutch master cylinder? Becareful the first couple of times because if it's too far out of tolerance the clutch master will become very hard to pull after a couple of pumps and if you force it you could over extend it if indeed the tolerances are incorrect. I'm all to familiar with Rekluse setup and potential issues with a TXC :)

Have you pushed the pressure plate down with your hand, like it was starting to engage? Then what kind of gap do you have? You need some gap, to allow the pressure plate to go down and push against the plates freely. Hopes this helps. OFG

My TXC450 install went perfect and it works perfect. My buddy installed one in his TXC450 and had a similar issue, the arm was not long enough and he was not able to fan the clutch like you can with mine. He lengthened the pushrod and all is good.

Ride,

I think that is the issue. I have been playing around with some smaller ball bearings behind the 7/32" and it is getting the throw out up into the notch now.

I am being careful as not to make the push rod too far up.

As far as clearance I can barely get those two little feeler gauges in between the pressure plate and the top friction plate. It definitely drags the feeler gauges when you slide them in and out.

What do you think?

Crank her up and get her hot? Then run her a bit, then retest the clearance?

I am think once everything gets warm that the clearance will tighten up whereas not to let the feeler gauges in at all.

Thoughts?

UC

I ended up using a 2.4 mm (.095") spacer/shim in above the throw out bearing and pressure plate.

If you happen to have the clutch apart measure the length of the throw out rod. I will find my notes tonight and compare.

Ride,

I think that is the issue. I have been playing around with some smaller ball bearings behind the 7/32" and it is getting the throw out up into the notch now.

I am being careful as not to make the push rod too far up.

As far as clearance I can barely get those two little feeler gauges in between the pressure plate and the top friction plate. It definitely drags the feeler gauges when you slide them in and out.

What do you think?

Crank her up and get her hot? Then run her a bit, then retest the clearance?

I am think once everything gets warm that the clearance will tighten up whereas not to let the feeler gauges in at all.

Thoughts?

UC

The gap is important but not super critical especially in the pro version. If it drags you need more gap and/or less weight (balls) or a stiffer wave spring. If it slips to much you need more weight. The rod only effects the way if feels when you fan the clutch.