Sign in to follow this  

ANY PREFRANCES? battery charger/tenders

i use deltran battery tenders. at the shop i work at we sell 4-5 a week. never sen any issues with them.

i have the battery tender jr. works GREAT on my KLXr. never had any battery issues.....

josh

i have the battery tender jr. works GREAT on my KLXr. never had any battery issues.....

josh

+1

It has a pigtail that attaches to the battery and I just stuffed the plug in end into the airbox. No more seat removal to charge the battery :)

Yes ,I use a projecta 900 mA battery charger which comes with the wires which let you wire it up to the battery ,also use it on my road bike not a problem. with it.

do not buy a cheap tender. i bought a black and decker and my battery is worse than dead. i bought a cheap one from a froegn tool place and it cought fire! im buying a good battery tender...after i buy another new battery.

www.ctek.com . Leave it hooked up and it maintains the battery. I use the 800. :banana:

+1:thumbsup: And you're right about Chuck in your signature...Chuck norris doesn't sleep...he waits!

+1:thumbsup: And you're right about Chuck in your signature...Chuck norris doesn't sleep...he waits!

HA!

Does he wait for 18 months for a reply to a 2008 post?

I have a battery tender and a battery tender junior. I keep the "junior" on my bike all the time for "maintenance" and the battery is always great. I've never killed the battery even after several starts.

http://www.batterytender.com/

I have three...

1. A Harley Davidson... made by Battery tender. Its gone none stop since 2004. its also silent.

2. A NAPA piece of %$#& that clicks every 5 minutes. In the cold (10 degrees) i've heard it make a studder type noise... thats scary.

3. One i bought from Interstate Batteries... my favorite. its quite, has a active red light, and a charge cycle light. this one cycles, but stays on for 20-30 seconds every few hours. Its also equipped with a battery refesh circuit. I guess this over chrages it with more voltage to clean the battery plates. I perform this operation every spring to hopefully help things.

All seem to charge great.. although I've never tested any with a meter. Never needed to.

All cost about the same... $39.00 the NAPA was maybe $24.00

The KLX has An awsome location to run the wires right out of the rear fender.

DSC02319.jpg

Notice the zip tie right before going through the fender hole...

this keeps me from pulling one the wires during removal. Make sure you have a good connector plug so as not to fill the connector with dirt every ride. The connector and plug is from Interstate.. and fits nice and tight. No problems so far.

Also... if anyone knows were to get a Battery tender pig tail so I can use one tender on multiple bikes let me know. The Interstate Charges Says it can due up to 5 batteries on a single tender.

I also keep my tenders on 24/7 unless im riding.

Edited by Baxtah
typo