Sign in to follow this  

How to ship KX100?

I have the engine for a KX100 here with me in New York, and the chassis is in Oklahoma, at my grandparent's house. My little brother has been riding another one there (they have two), and I'm wondering if there is a relatively cheap way to get the rolling chassis bike here to new york, so we can fix it and let him ride it. I was thinking about a yz80 for him, but I thought it might feel weird, since he's been riding the kx100. Any thoughts on that as well?

if its a rolling chassis you might just be able to ship. wheels in one box, frame in another box. i'm not sure though. there are companies that specialize in shipping bikes, but i'm not sure if thats nessescary for a rolling chassis.

That's what I was thinking too. The KX100 isn't particularly heavy, so it shouldn't be as hard as a Harley, for example.

I was able to ship a 2003 KX125 rolling chassis in a plasma TV box. Go to BestBuy and ask for a box. Go to Staples and get a roll of "strapping tape". Use that along with regular packing tape.

Pics003.jpg

You would want to cut the box down as small as possible with it all inside, because in shipping size does matter.