Sign in to follow this  

Leakin clutch issue

Is it possible that my my clutch out cylinder is worn which causes the clutch fluid to leak into the engine?

n1z98k.jpg

I have replaced the O-ring around the "pressure piece" and if I operate the clutch while it is dismounted I can see the oil coming out, its not normal right?

Should I replace the whole output cylinder??

Thanks!

ps.: http://65.57.254.60/munnracing/catalog/199...99/99546320.gif

I dont understand how an o-ring is supposed to keep that much pressure in the hose. Magura sux :D

I will have to spend another :) load of money and still cant ride :worthy:

it works very well, but like anything else it can wear out over a few years. Often it is worn from dirt getting inside from bleeding. Dirt gets in the nipple and if it isnt cleaned out first it gets pushed into the piston. Did you polish the inside of the bore and did you use a larger o-ring? Those things can fix the leak most of the time, but if your slave bore has a large groove worn in it then its time for a new one.

The o-ring has a very special size wich I could only order from KTM. They dont make oversize o-rings.

I have not polished the cylinder, just wiped properly. And yes I found steel debris in it as a result of broken clutch spring... Time for changing I guess... :S

ktm does NOT sell tha O ring seperate of the cylinder. You have to buy both to get one and they are not cheap. Do what Mike said.

yes there is an oversize o-ring avail, look in my FAQ tips at the top of the page

Thanks so much!! This summary is superb!!

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5156936#post5156936

Ordering oversize o-ring instead of throwing out a bunch of money on the slave cylinder :)

ktm does NOT sell tha O ring seperate of the cylinder. You have to buy both to get one and they are not cheap. Do what Mike said.

They did sell me a not oversize o-ring seperately. Do you mean that I have to order an oversize piston too?

My bad Im talking about the oring that goes on the piston, when I checked they do not sell them seperate.

Today I bought the "oversize o-ring". The piston barly fit the cylinder and than when it didnt work properly I took it apart. The o-ring teared and made the piston stuck in the slave cylinder. So basicly its all f*** up. I'm fed up with this so I'm ordering all the necessary parts.

What do I need?

http://65.57.254.60/munnracing/catalog/1999/99546320.gif

#61 - OUTPUT CYLINDER

#36 - PRESSURE PIECE - is this the piston?

#75 - VENT INJEKTION HYDR. CLUTCH, might oreder it as I'm fed up with messing around with home made stuff that does not fit properly

I couldnt find the part number for the small spring that helps you to pull on the clutch lever. 👍