Sign in to follow this  

ktm 250sxf 2007 electric starter

Im looking for an electric starter for my bike, does anyone know where can i get one? and if its complicated installing it?

Thanks

https:// www . ktm - parts . com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=K&Product_Code=59012045444&Category_Code=

make sure you delete the spaces when u copy the url

if it dont work go to ktm - parts .com

and search for

Electric Starter Kit

its the first result i think

will be something like

Electric Starter Kit 00-07

u cant put the e start on that bike. the cases are not set up for it.

try the other e-starter on the site...one of them has to work

I am with him. The electric starter wont firt on that bike. It doesnt have the cases that are used with the electric start. You can do it but it is very expensive because you have to get the cases from the xcf and a few other parts plus the electric start kit. havent priced it out but I would guess it would be 1500 - 2000 dollars when it was all said and done plus a pretty involed swap of all the sxf parts( transmission, clutch, crank, cylinder, head, everything)to the new cases.

SXF is a dedicated MX bike, they could not would not be competitive with the compramises involved in Estart. Your better off to sell and go buy a XCF

SXF is a dedicated MX bike, they could not would not be competitive with the compramises involved in Estart. Your better off to sell and go buy a XCF

not always true..my friend has a 2003 450 sx and he just put a e-starter on it..he said it cost 800$ but idk..its a 2003 so might be diff

not always true..my friend has a 2003 450 sx and he just put a e-starter on it..he said it cost 800$ but idk..its a 2003 so might be diff

Yup, it's different. The RFS motors can be equipped with estart very easily. The newer 250 SXF motors are a whole different story. From what I understand, the process to put estart on a 250 SXF is to sell it and by an XCF.