Sign in to follow this  

D606's

For those that run the D606's on their XR650R, what tire pressures, front and rear, are you going with for street riding? I'm 230 lbs.

I've got one on the rear. I'm running about 16-18lbs in it cold. And I ride mostly street. :)

I'm about 170lbs.

I run 18 front and rear for street riding. I am #230. Have almost 1500 on them dirt street mix and its time for new ones.

running about 15-18lbs in dirt. 24-26lbs street and fire road. do not trust it on the street it will slide out.I am 250+lbs

running about 15-18lbs in dirt. 24-26lbs street and fire road. do not trust it on the street it will slide out.I am 250+lbs

What pressures and conditions do you slide out?

What pressures and conditions do you slide out?

pressure? it has been to long i think about the same.

30 mph left turn with a very small bump (1.5 inch) and the other was oil about the same speed (so not the tire on that one) after 18 years of riding you would think I would know better:bonk: ...that was 4 or 5 years ago

actually too much pressure can cause problems also, i would say like most have already i use mid to high teens in my 606s and im heavier than you are, 17-18 i think is a good one. Body position and technique will help you from sliding out OH AND not rippin the brakes and throttle too LOL

I run ~18 and they do well on & off road. On the street they will slide some, but very controllable unless you dive in a corner expecting them to bite like a street tire. I've done the tail out supermoto style corner entries a few times when I was learning where the limit was.

I'm in at 230lb.........I run my D606's at 20 psi and have had the rear tire slip at low to mid-teen pressures.

FWIW

I'm in at 230lb.........I run my D606's at 20 psi and have had the rear tire slip at low to mid-teen pressures.

FWIW

Do you mean 'slip' on the rim? Or do you just mean lack of traction?