Sign in to follow this  

HELP....01 F-150 starting issues.....HELP

Hey TTers hopefully you can help me out…..

I have a 2001 F150 120,000 miles and this week it will not say running with the out side temperature is above 85 deg.

So I leave my house @ 5:30 in the morning truck starts and runs fine……get to work….still no problems. After work or lunch time she will not stay running unless I hold the throttle at 2500 RPMs for 30 seconds. If I do not give it gas it will start and then dies….if I take my foot off the gas with in 30 seconds she will die. After the 30 seconds @ 2500 RPMs she runs fine.

Also she starts fine if I stop for gas or after I pick up my daughter from pre-school…..It only give me problems if the engine cools off and the out side temp is above 85 deg

Last weekend when I came back from riding around 8 pm the truck sat all weekend and she started and ran fine……it seems that it only has a problem when it is hot out side

I put a new fuel pump and filter in less that 1 year and 10,000 miles ago…..but I have not checked the fuel pressure.

Put new spark plugs in about 45,000 miles ago

I need to replace the battery cables…..but I do not think that has any thing to do with this issue

I have a small coolant leak that I have not found yet (have not looked but I smell it)

Thanks

run a scan on it while driving it and if everything checks out, it could be the fuel system