Sign in to follow this  

new cam

well guys and gals my cam is getting delivered today. it's a hard weld from web-cam. guess we will see if it's the read deal!!! will post when running.:)

can't wait to see!

what'd it run you all told? I checked their website but it's kinda vague. said 187.00 but i can't tell if that's with a core???

ups hasn't come yet----yes $187 sending your cam to them. they didn't have a core in stock. only took a week and a half turn around.

aside from the 40mm fcr & the high compression piston, what else is done to your motor?

I'm getting pretty excited!

nothing--have the fmf big header and the gexer muffler to install with cam. i don't know if porting might help? top in of course with loosing some bottom end. we will see. you can run stock valve springs with this cam also.

Porting will definitely help! Seeing as this old girl is understressed as is, I'm sure there's got to be some smoothing of gas flow through the head.

I'm just getting used to my new 08 but when the winter comes.......

I'm thinking about big bore but I will for sure be porting & increasing the compression & adjusting the squish. I'm sure there's some more to be had out this thing!

I'm very interested to see how your cam project turns out.

I'm guessing, since you haven't replied in a while, that you're out in the garage feverishly turning wrenches!

ups didn't come till late yesterday--truck broke down--my luck. will install today i hope!

WEB-CAM dropped the ball!!!!!!! they did not put the pin back in the cam for the sprocket!!!!!!! and they are only open m-f (can't even bitch) till monday. it's only noon but i think i need a beer! be back next week sometime---

disappointment (heavy sigh!)

sorry to hear it, I hate when you have to wait for stuff that you should have already had.

total amount for cam--$217.98--tax--$14.49 i didn't know you got taxed on labor? shipping & handling $16.49--cqm $187.00--ordered pin from bike-bandit and will call web-cam monday.

WEB-CAM dropped the ball!!!!!!! they did not put the pin back in the cam for the sprocket!!!!!!! and they are only open m-f (can't even bitch) till monday. it's only noon but i think i need a beer! be back next week sometime---

Don't feel like the lone ranger. My WebCam does not have the pin either, but it was a new cam core so I expected that. My guess is they have to remove the pin when they rework the cam and will not install a used pin? I hate it when a $.90 part flubs up progress. :)

Looking forward to a report. I got my J&E HC piston with the Web Cam from Procycle. They are sitting on the work bench waiting for me to find the time to install them. I'm taking my head over to where I did the FCR dyno work to have a good multi angle valve job and some port clean up and matching done. The honey-do list is killing me lately so I don't know when I'm going to get to it though. :D:worthy:

I hate it when a $.90 part flubs up progress. :)

Thats why I hate shopping with Ridelater (ridenow.com)

MX-ROB--this is great! you will be doing some head work and mine is all stock. will be interesting to see the difference. kinda hard to measure though. seat of the pants i guess.

I can't wait to see the report! I am planning to sent my cam to webcam too. :)

MX-ROB--this is great! you will be doing some head work and mine is all stock. will be interesting to see the difference. kinda hard to measure though. seat of the pants i guess.

I plan on throwing it back on the dyno after all is said and done. I want to throw the 42mm FCR back on to see if the intake improvements makes a larger carb usefull. Should be interesting. 👍

well the cam works with the 10/5 piston---it rips compared to the stocker. the hi-com piston needs the cam. wish i had a stocker to run side by side. mx-rob will have his on the dyno---the piston by it's self is just a + but really needs the cam. it's still a 650 with an 100# more than a good st-leg dirt bike--where does it end???--700cc kit??--mx-rob will settle this--------i want my 501 husaberg power________!

Good to see someone on the forum has put a cam in the DR, I posted a thread about 3 months ago asking if anyone had tried this and not one person replied, so great to hear from someone thats done it.

You sound happy with it, can you give some more feed back from the seat of the pants dyno, how it feels off the bottom ie. did it loose punch from down low, was there a noticeable hit at a any point in the rev range or was it a slight improvement everywhere.

Curious to know all the little details as Im considering ordering one when I order the TM40 soon.

I fitted the 10.5 comp piston a few months ago and was not impressed as I honestly could not feel an improvement, so keen to know more feed back from those that have gone to the next step and fitted the cam