Sign in to follow this  

ASV Unbreakable w/perch for a 250R, will it fit?

Hi,

Right now I'm in the midst of getting a ASV Unbreakable Lever w/perch. It's for a 250R, and it has the lower hot start lever.

Will it work fine on my 250X handlbar set up?

Thanks in advance. :D:)

Hi,

Right now I'm in the midst of getting a ASV Unbreakable Lever w/perch. It's for a 250R, and it has the lower hot start lever.

Will it work fine on my 250X handlbar set up?

Thanks in advance. :worthy::D

should work great :)

but i would also post this in the crf forum

i dont think there is any diff. on levers between R and X

I believe the ASV mounts are pretty universal, but I could be wrong.

What does that mean then?

The one I'm getting is the F1. With the thumb Hot Start.

Thanks

You have to splice the wires to the clutch switch that allows you to start the bike. I don't believe the aftermarket set ups utilize the safety switch that allows you to start the bike only after the clutch is pulled in. It is not a big deal.

BTW if you run full wrap metal handguards you really don't need that setup. It is hard to break levers and perches IMO with the handguards. You can break the ASV levers, which is good that there is a guarantee but it does you no good miles out on the trail. I fall alot so I have a lot of experience breaking things. I purchased a setup for my YZ from their Ebay store for about 50% of retail (warantee returns). I like it. On that bike I only have hand shields. And bent the &%$#@ out of my lever already.

BTW if you run full wrap metal handguards you really don't need that setup. It is hard to break levers and perches IMO with the handguards. You can break the ASV levers, which is good that there is a guarantee but it does you no good miles out on the trail. I fall alot so I have a lot of experience breaking things. I purchased a setup for my YZ from their Ebay store for about 50% of retail (warantee returns). I like it. On that bike I only have hand shields. And bent the &%$#@ out of my lever already.

Agreed. I run Fastway guards and my levers never get tweaked at all, let a lone break. Guaranteed replacement doesn't equal guaranteed not to break.

Agreed. I run Fastway guards and my levers never get tweaked at all, let a lone break. Guaranteed replacement doesn't equal guaranteed not to break.

Yeah they definitely break. I have seen more than one bite the dust. If you break one of those on the trail it is not likely anyone will be carrying a replacement lever that will fit the ASV perch which is a bummer. I think the product targets MX riders more than the trail riding set. They are pretty and the adjustability for little dwarf hands like mine is a nice touch.

Oh, I know that with the handguards it's not really needed. It's just I'm trading a fellow TT member for my stock ones.

Does anyone have pics of this "Safety Switch" splicing act?

Thanks

Oh, I know that with the handguards it's not really needed. It's just I'm trading a fellow TT member for my stock ones.

Thanks

Just by one of those solderless blue connectors form an auto parts store and splice the two wire to the switch together or check this out http://www.rekluse.com/manuals.shtml look on page 4 of the Z-start manual it has a color photo of said mod.

Thanks

I would wonder why they want to trade costly parts for stock ones?

I want to trade because this ASV F1 came on my bike when I bought it. I have now bought C5s and plan on selling the bike later, when I do, I want to take my C5s and make it stock. I can't really buy OEM so I'm trying to trade.

• Like 1

I want to trade because this ASV F1 came on my bike when I bought it. I have now bought C5s and plan on selling the bike later, when I do, I want to take my C5s and make it stock. I can't really buy OEM so I'm trying to trade.

That actually makes sense, Thanks for satisfying my curiousity.

The guy said that I connect the two wires that go to my clutch lever, is that it?

That's it. I posted a link to a site where you can find a photo of the splice for a Rekluse install.