Sign in to follow this  

Throttle Stop '08 wr250

just got an '08 wr250f and so far ive added the yzf needle 175 main and removed ais. ive heard that the wr also has a throttle stop that doesnt allow you to go full throttle. how much should i cut off? ive read 6mm but i wasnt sure if it was the same length for every year

Read this link, or better yet, go buy the same year YZ250F's throttle stop screw from the dealer. Some AIS kits come with the YZF's throttle stop screw too...

just got an '08 wr250f and so far ive added the yzf needle 175 main and removed ais. ive heard that the wr also has a throttle stop that doesnt allow you to go full throttle. how much should i cut off? ive read 6mm but i wasnt sure if it was the same length for every year

its 8mm so cut it just a hair long then use a file on it to get it just right.

i just tore into it earlier today and it looks like the dealer already cut it. its just over 20mm about 4.5 mm too short 👍 will this have any adverse effect on the bike? it has a sever WOT bog it actually pulls harder if i back off the throttle about 1/8 turn i wonder if this is the issue

the bog is still there. im not talking about if i wick the throttle wide open bog it happens when im cruizing and then go from say 3/4 to full

kinda wierd 👍 im ordering the yz throttle stop today i was just wondering :worthy:

the bog is still there. im not talking about if i wick the throttle wide open bog it happens when im cruizing and then go from say 3/4 to full

kinda wierd 👍 im ordering the yz throttle stop today i was just wondering :worthy:

May be rich? When I put my big-bore in and wound up rich it acted like that. Would run like crazy up to a certain RPM and then fall on it's face. Just a thought. Throttle stop should NOT cause what you are experiencing.