Sign in to follow this  

Is it really bad for me bike to MX it hard?

When I ride I ride hard and that means jumping it just like it was a 250r.

I have no experience in mx and I don't know If I'm bottoming or not..... biggest jumps are 70 ft table and a 85 ft step up.

Am I slowly ruining my 04 250X by trying to hang with the yzf's?

just get the suspension set up for what you are doing and you should be fine. It's pretty hard to compete with the MX bikes, but if your suspension is set up correctly and you are a good rider you'll be fine.

I thought my x was pretty fast with all my mods, but I got into a drag race up a large hill with a stock 07 250R and he just blew by me and I had it pinned. That was an eye opener for me because I didn't realize how fast those bikes are.

+1, I MX mine and it hangs with the other bikes. I don't believe you are hurting the bike.

If you are bottoming you will see rubber in the fenders. Get someone to video a landing it will tell you a lot about how the suspension is doing

just get the suspension set up for what you are doing and you should be fine. It's pretty hard to compete with the MX bikes, but if your suspension is set up correctly and you are a good rider you'll be fine.

I thought my x was pretty fast with all my mods, but I got into a drag race up a large hill with a stock 07 250R and he just blew by me and I had it pinned. That was an eye opener for me because I didn't realize how fast those bikes are.

It was your trans gears.You'll get em on a straight shot in the top.:)

MXing a woods bike don't hurt it one bit. :)

Esp. when they have so much in common w/ their MX brothers.

You are not hurting the bike at all. You may hurt yourself with a really hard landing and the soft suspension but as long as your staying upright you should be ok....You may be speeding up engine wear if you are bouncing it off the revlimiter like you do on an MX bike...You re not wearing them any faster than the standard mx bikes are though. Just faster than the Woods bike.

Last comparo I read on the R and X had them both at the same top speed, apparently the R's higher hp makes up for the gearing. One just requires more shifting and is quicker (gets to speed faster).

yeah and I'm running a 13/53 sprocket set up and i just fly through the gears. ha ha ha. Plus I need an R cam, my hot cam goes flat on the top end.