Sign in to follow this  

Still have a slow bike

I got my x stock from a dealer, used.. upon purchase i re-jetted and cut that air box but my bike still doesnt run properly.. i have fooled around with different pilots, mains, needles, fuel screws and leak jets and i am still at an end...

My buddy just bought a 05x and it freakin hauls ass..pops wheelies in 3rd on 15:44 gearing :D

Now the problem is that my bike runs fine past 1/4 throttle, but before that it still runs like crap... yes it has power, but it wont do a wheelie?????

My bike has no snap like my buddies and he hasnt even cut out his airbox!!???? I cant seem to solve my bog issues and need some help, here are my current specs...

5000k-9000k ft

162 main

45 pilot

fuel screw @ 2 turns

red needle, 3rd position

airbox cut up

pink wire

fmf powercore exhaust

70 leak (back in)

thick ap o-ring

Any ideas????? I want to get the power that i paid for honda :)

Did you mean 45 pilot and 70 leak? I would go with that and DC the O ring mod to see if you can clean it up off idle. Might also go in on your fuel screw a little to see what happens. Another trick you might try is an aftermarket AP cover (www.stealthracingtech.com) and also trying an unoiled airfilter to see what happens.

I got my x stock from a dealer, used.. upon purchase i re-jetted and cut that air box but my bike still doesnt run properly.. i have fooled around with different pilots, mains, needles, fuel screws and leak jets and i am still at an end...

My buddy just bought a 05x and it freakin hauls ass..pops wheelies in 3rd on 15:44 gearing :worthy:

Now the problem is that my bike runs fine past 1/4 throttle, but before that it still runs like crap... yes it has power, but it wont do a wheelie?????

My bike has no snap like my buddies and he hasnt even cut out his airbox!!???? I cant seem to solve my bog issues and need some help, here are my current specs...

5000k-9000k ft

162 main

65 leak

fuel screw @ 2 turns

red needle, 3rd position

airbox cut up

pink wire

fmf powercore exhaust

70 leak (back in)

thick ap o-ring

Any ideas????? I want to get the power that i paid for honda :D

I just went through the jetting experience myself,.... here is the end result:

Year:2005

Elevation:0-500ft

Temperature Range:40-80F

Smog (AIS):N/A (Canadian Model)

Airbox Modified Top:Yes

Airbox Modified Sides:Yes

Backfire Screen:Stock config.

Air Filter:Stock

Pilot Jet:45 (Stock)

Main Jet:170

Needle:JD Red

Needle Clip Position:4th

Fuel Screw Type:CRF's Only

Fuel Screw Setting: 1 1/8 out

AP Modified:Large o-ring (JD Kit)

Leak Jet:Stock

AP Cover:Stock

Exhaust Type:FMF Powercore 4 w/ powerbomb header

Exhaust Modified:N/A

Pink Wire Modified:no

Stock fuel screw setting is 1 1/4 out , I actually had to 'lean' the pilot circuit slightly to 1 1/8 T.O.

I did the O-ring mod as well the help 'cure the bog' as far as I know your 0 - 1/4 throttle blues can be helped by Fuel screw and pilot jet adjustments.

If you're running the JD Kit ... write to James he may have some advice :)

BTW I'm running the same muffler (+ power bomb header)

Good Luck !

Your main seems lean. Go with a larger main jet and for the he!! of it makes sure you have fresh gas and a clean carb.

A friend of mine had similar issues, it was a sharp dead miss at @ 1/4 throttle. You could ride thru it no problem. We screwed around with the jetting for days and could not change it.

Ended up being a bad spark plug. Swap one from your friends bike and see if it changes it.

BTW at your altitude your main seams fine to me.

A friend of mine had similar issues, it was a sharp dead miss at @ 1/4 throttle. You could ride thru it no problem. We screwed around with the jetting for days and could not change it.

Ended up being a bad spark plug. Swap one from your friends bike and see if it changes it.

BTW at your altitude your main seams fine to me.

+1:thumbsup:

I have the same jetting as you at the same altitude, verified by Eddie's dyno, and it is ferocious.