Sign in to follow this  

Yet another "what's my bike worth" thread

I apologize for this but I just want to make sure I ask a fair price for my DRZ. It is an 07 S model that is completely stock other than 606's and new oversize bars and clamps. The only blemish is a crack in the taillight but it is hard to see.(never got around to buying an "edge") Kelley blue books suggests a little over $4500 for a bike with 5000 miles and mine has around 1200. I figured I'd list it for $4750. Does that sound fair or is it too high?

How much will your local dealer blow out a leftover 2007 DRZ, with 12 mth warranty, OTD?

:)

Take that value, and subract 10-20%.

I don't know how much they'll sell the new ones for but I do know they won't budge on price with any dual sport right now. The gas prices have got people buying them left and right. The warranty is another thing. I paid extra for the 5 year warranty. Is there a way to transfer it to the new owner to help them out? I'd hate to see it go to waste.

The market is hot right now for dual-sports. My local dealer in Concord NC can't keep them on the floor. In fact, I helped them sell a KLX250 DS to a guy who was in there shopping a couple weeks ago. I was sitting on the Versys and he kept looking and looking at the KLX. I started up a conversation and he said he just wanted something for play and a short 10 mile non-highway commute. I told him I have the DRZ and it is perfect for that purpose, and judging by his size, as long as he wasn't looking for freeway speed, i thought the KLX was a good choice at the price. He bought it on the spot. I however, did not get a commission!

anyways, put your bike on Craigslist for a couple hundred over your rock bottom price and leave yourself a little wiggle room. I figure you'll probably get some bites if you list it at $4500.

Eric

I called the dealership and they told me that the 5 yr extended warranty I bought IS transferrable to the new owner so I listed the bike on craigslist for $4700. I also checked the mileage and it is 1354 so I think that should be a pretty good deal, especially with the warranty.

When I sell it, I can post pics of the stuff I bought for my ktm.:)

What model KTM?

I've got a 450sxf. I've got it plated and insured but I haven't put the needed equipment on it to ride it on the street. I love my drz but I've been spending my time riding off road with the ktm so the drz just sits. Hopefully someone will get better use out of it than I do.

Here's a few pics of the drz. If you guys know of anyone looking for one, send them my way.

HPIM0562.jpg

HPIM0564.jpg

HPIM0565.jpg

HPIM0567.jpg

HPIM0568.jpg

Can you offer financing like the dealers?

Just something to keep in mind if you don't get too many bites on it. My thresh hold on cash is about $2500-3000. More than that and I'd just say f--k it, buy a new bike and finance the rest. Hopefully I'm the only one who thinks this way?

Most people that I know don't want to finance bikes. In fact, that's part of the reason I'm selling it. When you finance, you pay interest. I usually pay cash for everything but decided to finance this bike to build credit. After looking at how much of my payment goes to interest, I decided it wasn't worth it. To compare buying my bike as opposed to buying a new one. It only has 1300 miles. I have all the maintainance records and it has a warranty 4 times longer than you would get from a new bike unless you paid extra for it. Plus, I am offering to take the price of a check up/tune up off of the cost of the bike. It's not very often that you can buy a used bike with a complete check and warranty. I listed it on craigslist yesterday and have had a LOT of interest in it so far. If it sells, great but I don't need to sell it. Before I'd sell it for less than it is worth, I'd just keep it and ride it.