Sign in to follow this  

Just Bought A New RS-2

Hey, I Just Got my new RS-2.

There is only something That Doesnt Fit in the Exuaste And Look quite Wierd To me.

As You Can See In this Picture, The Rs-2 Comes With A "Red Part" That Is Saposed To Be Insured Inside The Muffler.

bikepics-1304003-800.jpg

As You Can See In The Picture the "Red Part" Is inserted Antil The End, But In MY Exuaste IT Only Enters Half The Way Inside, Does Anybody Know Why it Doesnt Goes The Whole Way Inside ?

P.S Im Planning To Mount The Exuaste On The Bike Soon Is There Any Changes I Need To Do In The Exuaste ? I Heared Something About The Spark Arrestor That Sould Be Taken Out Can Anybody Explain ?

Thanks !

That rubber red plug is to be used when washing the bike. To keep water out of the exhaust. It should not go all the way in.

Id Didnt Matter For Me In The Begining Antil I Saw In All Yosh RS-2 Exuaste That The Rubber Plug Goes All the way in, So Why Im Mine It Doesnt ?

Dont Think I Should Be Like This.

Yep, wash plug. Mine doesn't go in nearly as far as the one pictured. Maybe if you stood and twisted and pushed it for awhile it might, but it's not necessary. Just punch it in there to seal the water out when you wash your bike, so water doesn't get in and lay in the lowest part of the pipe in the header.

No changes I don't think. Depending on if Isreal spec. bikes have the pair valve system or not though. Uk spec. bikes have that, but here in the US we don't. If yours has it, it will have to be removed:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601726&highlight=pair+valve+removal

Spark arrestor removal:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6814924#post6814924

Otherwise, on install, be sure the header is clearing everything (frame, radiator, frame oil tank drain plug), the mid-pipe is clearing the shock & reservior, and lines up w/ the mounting hole. You have to remove the oem rubber bushing for the muffler hardware (it doesn't tell you this in the instructions). Don't tighten any of the hardware completely until you get it fit just right. It takes a little wiggling and twisting and pulling to get it just right. Apply anti-sieze to the header nut and stud, and where the header slips into the mid-pipe.

Hey, Guess the problem was with the spark arrestor.

I Just Took The spark arrestor Out With a Screw Driver, And After Taking It Out The Wash Plag Went The Whole Way Inside, As Can Be Seen In The Picture Above.

Thanks Alot for The Help !

I hope you aren't trying to ride the bike with that in there. That would not be good.

I was about to say that riding the bike with that in there could be "interesting" :worthy:

I'm sure in most cases it would be fine, but this guy sounds like he wants that thing to go all the way in.