Sign in to follow this  

2007 xcf 250 front brake too strong...

Well, compared to other bikes I have owned, a cr250 with oversize rotor kit,rm250 cr125 etc... but this front brake is either way too strong , or is grabbing, I just breath on the lever and it grabs and tucks the front end. Im going to try some new pads, the caliper looks and seems to work fine, have any of you had this issue? Its so grabby, Im hesitant to even use it. Stock rotor looks fine...

Sorry to change the subject, Im new to 4t's and ktm, and my manuals are not here yet, is the brass fuel inlet to the carb supposed to pivot?

That's how all modern KTM's are. Its designed to be a one finger pull. Much more then that and its dirt sandwich.

Most folks including the dirt mags want to get more braking from the other brands.

When I ride my 07 YZ and move to my KTMs it takes a few corners to get the feel back.

Its how they are. Takes awhile to get used to. I was washing out a lot and thought for sure something is wrong. then you get used to it and don't want to go back.

yea i washed my bike out after 5 minutes of having it lol. you get used to it, you just gota respect it. dont pull it all the way in, pull it slowly

locked up front and rear tires on the road, when someone cut me off, yeah they are powerful

KTM sells pads that are less grabby, organics I believe