Sign in to follow this  

Feeler guages(sp?) Valve check time

Can someone provide a link of the best place to purchase?

I have two 07's 450 and 250 and it's time to check them out. I want to make sure I get the appropriate sizes for both, any info would be appreciated. Hopefully I can use same set for both bikes.

Thank you

They are CRF"S

Both bikes can use the same feeler gauges... You want to run both bikes with the same clearances. -- .005" for intakes and .008" for exhausts.

The TT store has some good ones -- Tucker rocky part number 151527 -- Those are the ones that I have.

Here is the link:

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR_151527

You have to buy them in a pack of 2, no big deal. They are only $8.06 each.

I called my local auto parts store and asked for a set with the sizes I need. He had what I wanted, and I went over and bought them for a few bucks.

right on, thanks for the info. I just read "Hecklers" right up on the valve adjustment, very helpful.

The only thing I am stressing a little about is getting the timing(cam) chain back on with the right timing.

I have some good tools, nice digital torque wrench, just need the feelers. I am going down to the local auto first, if nothing, i will order through Tucker.

Any other tips?

Thanks again guys

A tip I used for putting back the cam chain onto the cam was to take a sharpie and mark a spot on the chain and on the cam at the same spot. So when you are ready to put it back together you know exactly where to put the chain on the gear.

Although thats one good way to do it, you can just put the cam back at TDC, and then align the chain. But I would say using the sharpie is easier.

Yeah, i saw the marker tip on that write up. I will be back if I get confused.

Hopefully everything will be in spec anyway. I really don't want to jinx myself, but these Hondas have been super reliable and are both running strong still.

You guys would flame me if I told you how long I've gone without checking the valves. I have just been keeping an eye on basic mainten. and changing oils often Best bikes I have owned.

Thanks again