Sign in to follow this  

Honda halts all 2 stroke models in 2008?

Well this is the day I've been worrying about, honda has halted production of all 2 stroke bikes after 2007. Man that sucks because I'm going to buy a new bike in FEB. Well i guess I'm going with suzuki because of the yz's high seat hieght. THIS IS A SAD DAY FOR THE DIE HARD 2 STROKE FANS, LIKE ANOTHER KNIFE IN THE BACK. (PEACE) :D:worthy::)

correct me if im wrong but isnt it just the the USA they are going to stop sending them to? but 2 smokes will still be available in europe, japan etc.

YEP!

The rest of the world still realizes the value of the two stroke performance and entertainment. We Americans have been feeding from the corporate hand since forever. And we take whatever the suits shove down our throats. There is actually two stroke only racing in the Europe. A circuit just for the smokers, how nice is that?

jratcliffe3 brought this to my attention.

http://www.tmxnews.co.uk/content_dat...avaganza/index

Are you sure cause honda after this year will not be making anymore new RS 250 and RS 125's ( 2 stroke GP racers) which are very popular still in euro,UK.

In fact honda has a new CRF based 250 version now. Just check out this link and you'll see for yourself. Why no prices on the page cause they only made like 8 RS 250's a year cost probably $20K ish. Would love to have one 90 HP v-twin 2 stroke.

http://rmdmotors.com/index.php?optio...8&task=results

We are talking dirt bikes here. Way different. The two stroke GP racers will probably stick around since they are such a huge stepping stone for the superbike and 600 racers. The other thing that could be happening with Honda and the two strokes is that we could be on the verge of a class revamp in the sportbike world. I know that they have been talking about it for years. Who knows what we will see.

Maybe Honda is trying to create a frenzy and get rid of all the older bikes. There really isn't any competition to speak of in the U.S. except from Yamaha. So they let Yamaha have the two stroke market for a year or two, Honda starts all over with the two stroke. They add things like electric start standard, find a new way to feed the fuel in a more "Green" way. Save the two stroke industry from the ridicule and demise it has faced for the last 8 years or so. We all start riding bikes that sound normal again and the world is a happier place.

I could be dreaming out loud here.

correct me if im wrong but isnt it just the the USA they are going to stop sending them to? but 2 smokes will still be available in europe, japan etc.

In Europe dont have 2008 CRs. You can buy only CR 2007 if the dealer have bike in shop.

My friend from Zagreb buying 2 new CR 250 R 2007 from US. He buy one in summer 07, and 2nd in spring 08. http://www.bikepics.com/members/dado2708/07cr250/

In Europe dont have much 3th gen 05-07 CR, becouse Everyone use CRF models for motocross. Only CR fans buyed new or used excelent condition CR.

Most of the Racers in the GNCC offroad series RIDE 2-Strokes for good reasons.

It is a shame to see the continued push to get rid of the 2 strokes.

Think about it - re-building 4 stroke motor parts are more expensive so that means more OEM or aftermarket dollars to maintain the bikes over the years.

As for the pollution - it's all BS - just look at all the pollution from the summer of Forest Fires in California alone. We could all ride 2 stroke until the sun burns out and not add that much pollution to this planet.

I have both 2 strokes and 4 strokes - but will never sell my 2001 cr250 - they can bury me with it!!!!!!

It is a shame to see the continued push to get rid of the 2 strokes.

I have both 2 strokes and 4 strokes - but will never sell my 2001 cr250 - they can bury me with it!!!!!!

I'm with CFC on this one. :)

They can have my CR500s when they pry them from my cold, dead hands!

They can have my CR500s when they pry them from my cold, dead hands!

Amen to that, my CR500-powered brother!

Anybody see any 07 CR 250's still sitting around on dealers floors or are they all gone? Just curious.

Anybody see any 07 CR 250's still sitting around on dealers floors or are they all gone? Just curious.

They're all gone from the dealers in the Houston area. From what I was told by the one I deal with regularly, many didn't order any '07 models because they still had bikes as old as '03 still on the floor. Galveston Honda slashed prices on all of their remaining 2 strokes and basically dumped them at the end of last year.

Not taking sides but maybe they think that there is a better market for 4-strokes. thats not true. just more sells for yamaha, ktm ,and suziki. Look at ktm, they have a two-stroke 50cc bike. no one else makes those. they are just retarted for killing a series that has been around for heck of a time.

I remember last year when I went to my local Honda dealer searching for a CR125 (2-stroke) they thought I was out of my mind. This was in 2007, the guy says "they stopped making those years ago." I had to inform him that he was wrong, they were just hoping that I would say "fck it" and buy a CRF like the rest of their customers probably do. Luckily I did find another Honda dealership about 200 miles away that had my CR125.

relax, it's not like the 2-stroke was a big loss :)

Just in the USA is the four-stroke so tremendously popular. They still race 2-strokes in GP I think.

relax, it's not like the 2-stroke was a big loss :D

Just in the USA is the four-stroke so tremendously popular. They still race 2-strokes in GP I think.

I know people that have killed for less than that comment you just made. Take it back! :)

2 smokes RULE... I love my smoker and although I own some non smokers as well I will never get rid of 2 smoke.......:):D:worthy::ride::banghead: :banghead:

L8r Kone