Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Which riders to which tems in 2009 ?

Yeah, as you see above, anybody know which riders who is going to which team in 2009'

i Know

Reed:Rockstar/MakitaSuzuki

Bubba: San manuel (??)

Jake Weimer: Monster Energy/PC Kawasaki

Write if you know anybody !

Yeah, as you see above, anybody know which riders who is going to which team in 2009'

i Know

Reed:Rockstar/MakitaSuzuki

Bubba: San manuel (??)

Jake Weimer: Monster Energy/PC Kawasaki

Write if you know anybody !

besides the guys u listed

MX Class:

Jimmy Albertson- Factory Honda Possibly

Lites Class (rookies):

PJ Larsen&Hunter Hewitt- Xtreme Kawasaki

Blake Wharton- Factory Connection

Michael Hall- Factory MDK KTM

so Grant is going to Yamaha and Weimer is going to Kawi?

👍

And Metcalfe has been in the Lites class for like 10 years, that dude needs to move to the 450's already.

I saw an interview on grant saying that its 90 percent hes going to be on a 450 this year, so if he does go to yamaha, it wont be YOT, as they do not have a 450 team.

This is turning into a speculation thread. Thought we were only posting who we "knew" was going where. Grant could sign with either FC or JGR. Until its announced I don't think it should be stated as fact.

For those who wish to speculate:

Let’s get the silly season stuff out of the way. These are rumors, speculation and some fact so please remember that angry industry people:

- Erik Kehoe told me that it “looks really good” that both Davi Millsaps and Andrew Short will be back with Honda next year. Shorty also rode the 2009 Honda after Washougal so that’s always a good sign. As for Tedesco and Townley, they had two-years deals.

- JGR has offers out there for Josh Grant and Cody Cooper. Depending on whether those guys accept the offers, Nick Wey and Josh Summey could be there next year. I guess Cooper was not very good when he started riding SX in NC but in a couple of hours, apparently the Kiwi Warrior got the hang of it.

- Austin Stroupe is not coming back this year, he has mononucleosis, I swear. Yeah, that’s it.

- But I did hear from a good source that Factory Connection has signed Josh Grant to a 450 deal next year but shortly after, someone who would know, informed me Grant is going to North Carolina this week to meet with JGR. Again, just reporting what I hear.

- The GEICO Powersports Honda guys want to put their other truck on the road next year with Kevin Windham and either Grant or Nick Wey.

- L&M manager Larry Brooks is looking for a younger rider to be teammates with James Stewart. Or maybe Nick Wey will go here also.

- Motosport Outlet Kawasaki will be Kyle Cunningham, PJ Larsen, Hunter Hewitt and Tommy Hahn (maybe on a 450) next year.

- Pro Circuit will have Brett Metcalfe, Austin Stroupe, Jake Weimer and a recovering Pourcel brother next year. Mitch can run a fifth guy for west coast and for injury replacement and told me he may just do that.

- Star Racing and YOT are apparently merging.

- Factory Yamaha has an option on Josh Hill which I bet they exercise, and after that I have no clue. If Hepler stays here, he’ll take a pay cut for sure.

- Somebody will hire Josh Hansen next year for some reason (maybe Pro Circuit for that West ride).

- Josh Summey is talking to KTM.

- Amateur hotshot Justin Barcia will skip supercross and jump in the GEICO Honda team for the start of next year’s nationals. Forest Butler of BBMX: “He’ll win the outdoors in 2009.” Someone from England: “Has he ever heard of Tommy Searle?

- Don’t forget about Travis Preston, he’s also looking for a ride right now.

Rumor has it that Darcy Lange is one of a few riders being considered for the second L&M bike. Apparently there is even an offer on his table from some big 450 team, probably L&M, but he is unsure whether he is going to race or not. He may just race AX this year to get back into it.