Sign in to follow this  

CRF150F Help

I ride my CRF on the track and i just cant seem to clear some of the jumps. So ive been looking into cheap mods and ive read the sticky but im some what confused. I want more power because i know this bike is limited alot.

These are the mods that i plan on doing in order.

1. New Main Jet(Not sure on size)

2. Remove exhaust baffel(Not spark arrester)

3. Remove air filter snorkel

4. Aftermarket air filter

I was wondering what size main jet i need i keep hearing 105, 110, 115, and 120. Also will i need any other jets for the carb? Lastly do you know of any other cheap mods to get more power out of the motor?

Thanks.

What year is this 150?

What is the altitude you ride at?

You may need to try different sized jets to get it right.

If you really want to make it run, do a pipe, jets and intake air restriction changes. Other then that its a trail bike, not a track bike. But they are fun.

Its a 2005 and the altitude is no higher than 350ft. Do you mean the header or muffler? They are expensive and i dont feel like wasting my money. Well i just started riding and its a great bike. Also i hear about people removing the air filter cover is this a good idea? Its a bit dusty where i ride. I did find an oversized header for $80 and a nozzle for $55 but you still use the stock muffler. Is the 110 Main Jet the one i want?

Sorry to say but performance wont really make you jump any further..it could be just the bike. When i had my 150 i couldnt jump crap, i think its just the way the suspension is setup. Maybe its time to upgrade to a bigger bike :)

I just got the Honda Power up Jetting kit and im going to install that today and do the rest of the mods also then test it out at the MX track tomorrow.

Power up kit installed and i removed the air snorkel (Its the thing under seat right?) going to remove exhaust baffle in a few minutes. Not sure about an aftermarket air filter just yet.

Power up kit installed and i removed the air snorkel (Its the thing under seat right?) going to remove exhaust baffle in a few minutes. Not sure about an aftermarket air filter just yet.

Yes the snorkel is the square thing with holes on top the airbox, it pops right out. Hardest part was figuring out how the seat comes off. lol

You may want to consider a rear sprocket and/or front sprocket change as well. Depending on the track you ride on, quicker ratios could help.

It made a major improvement the bike runs alot better its like day and night. I was thinking of sprockets since the track really isnt made for my bike. What sprockets do you reccommend?