Sign in to follow this  

08 ktm 144sx vs 06 yz250f

will the ktm144 pull the yz250f on mid pack and sand strait aways. im doing mx im 5,6 128 lbs and im a C rider. i live in fl so i do alot of mid-loam dirt . so how much more power does the ktm have in mid pack...and how much more in loamy dirt(i love 2 strokes so dont say get a 250f and i dont want a 250 2t cuz they are to much.):)

will the ktm144 pull the yz250f on mid pack and sand strait aways. im doing mx im 5,6 128 lbs and im a C rider. i live in fl so i do alot of mid-loam dirt . so how much more power does the ktm have in mid pack...and how much more in loamy dirt(i love 2 strokes so dont say get a 250f and i dont want a 250 2t cuz they are to much.):)

The 144 is an amazing bike that doesn't get the respect that it deserves! All things being equal....the 144 will out pull any stock 250f in most situations! It has 40 h.p. and the powerband is very broad by small bore standards! I didn't think too much of it at first until my brother started racing it in the over 30 expert class....to both his and my surprise it holeshotted several times (never worse than 3rd) and never got pulled on sandy uphills ect., he could ride it longer without getting tired and he could leave the throttle on longer and make up time in the corners. Because of his corner speed he actually has passed many 450's on the straightaways! He made a lot of believers out of 450 riders including me! You will have to get the suspension revalved to get the most out of the bike! Overall, I think you will be very impressed!

The 144SX doesn't have the same low end or as broad of power band as a 250F but it definitely has the peak power advantage. That means if you are skilled enough to ride it in the meat, your golden. :D

The 144SX doesn't have the same low end or as broad of power band as a 250F but it definitely has the peak power advantage. That means if you are skilled enough to ride it in the meat, your golden. :)

I think you would be surprised how broad the 144 really is....And it is really easy to keep it in the "meat" of the power and it also pulls forever and never ever hits a rev limiter!:D If you are a larger rider the 250f would likely be a better choice! To really experience what the 144 can do you need to race it with the 250f's that you normally ride with and see!!!!!