Sign in to follow this  

What Holton Trail do you like better???

I snaked out of working this weekend and was going to go for a trail ride. I am already going to the White Cloud ride next weekend but wanted to go out and have a shake down run on my DR 350 after doing some work to it.

Anyways I was thinking about going to Holton cycle trail or the Horse shoe trail. Has anyone rode them recently? What kind of terrain and what condition? What trail would you go on and why? Tight trails are ok but I also like the 2 tracks. My bike is plated so no worries if I jump on the MCCCT trail. I am not a hard core rider just like to go out for a trail ride.

Also I know its short notice but if anyone wants to join feel free. I thought about getting to a staging area around 9:30 or 10:00am. Post here or PM me.

The loop south of Brunswick rd has a section of 2 track, less tight stuff and I believe less whoops than the north loop. Plate is required on the south but not the north.

The loop south of Brunswick rd has a section of 2 track, less tight stuff and I believe less whoops than the north loop. Plate is required on the south but not the north.

Hey Mike you should join us tomorrow. Well be out to Brunswick @ 9:30am.

Anyways I was thinking about going to Holton cycle trail or the Horse shoe trail. Has anyone rode them recently? What kind of terrain and what condition? What trail would you go on and why?

They are mostly single track cycle trail, license is required for much of the trails. Very tight in spots (there is some connector road/two track) and really whooped in some spots too.

Maps/video (from this spring) here:

http://www.vvmapping.com/trails/horseShoe.html

Quote:

Hey Mike you should join us tomorrow. Well be out to Brunswick @ 9:30am

I might do that

Just wanted to say thanks to Don and Mike for the good ride today at Holton trail. It gave me a run in for some single tracks. Only a few falls on my old DR but nothing major except for the kickstarting (need electric start on next bike)but a fun time for sure. Thanks guys

Steve

Just wanted to say thanks to Don and Mike for the good ride today at Holton trail. It gave me a run in for some single tracks. Only a few falls on my old DR but nothing major except for the kickstarting (need electric start on next bike)but a fun time for sure. Thanks guys

Steve

Glad you had fun out there. Youll have a good time out to White Cloud next weekend.

Man I JUST got home from the MX track. I am wiped out big time. I just get there and get suckerred into doing the Granny Panties team race. No practice at all and using someone else's bike. Way Fun. You do 2 laps wearing womens bloomers over your riding gear. Then take them off and hand it off to the next guy and he does 2 laps and so on and so forth. Pretty funny stuff.

Steve,

Glad you enjoyed it. You did great for the first time on single track.

You might want to search the DR forum for starting tips and or jetting that DR.

I know that is a common complaint on those bikes and some one may have some voo doo magic tips to help.

Mike

Thanks Mike it was a good time for me. I Also did a search for hot starts and starts after a crash when it floods and got some things that I am going to try today to see if it helps. I have no problem starting it when cold just when its hot. Also need to check into the jetting. Thanks.

Hard hot starting has always been an issue on the older 4-strokes. If someone makes a hotstart kit for them that would be ideal as thats probably the problem. They are a little rich on startup when hot. The hotstart adds air to the mix and helps lean it out. Especialy when its been layed down.

Also I was wondering if there was something amiss in your kickstarter. It seemed to be engaging really low in the kick stroke. When you were kicking it your arn't getting much motor rotation per kick. Seems like it should be engaging up higher.

Man I am beat up this morning. Trail in the morning and track in the afternoon is a lot of riding. I am wooped but good.

I am wooped but good.

Plus you had to get my bike started, and it has been started since May.:)

Plus you had to get my bike started, and it has been started since May.:)

Shoot that thing started super easy. I was supprised. I figured after sitting that long I would have to fight with it.

Well I did kick it about 20 times with my left leg the day before. Just couldn't get enough on it to get it to fire.