Got this for 100 bucks

Its a rm80,some lady said her son ran it with no oil in the gas so i took it home and cleaned the carb,changed the gear oil,mixed some gas and sprayed some starter fluid on the spark plug and had my brother pull me with his truck to hop start it and it started! It starts second kick now,its a fun little bike,what you guys think for 100 bucks?

PinksAllout032.jpg

PinksAllout041.jpg

not bad for 100 bucks, turn her back yellow and you will really be rollin

I just need to find somthing to take the paint of with,i used a heat gun but that melts the plastic too,i tryed gas and that doesnt work,anything you could suggest?

I just need to find somthing to take the paint of with,i used a heat gun but that melts the plastic too,i tryed gas and that doesnt work,anything you could suggest?

I wouldn't use acetone or lacquer thinner on it - they may eat the plastic. If mineral spirits won't take it off, try some SEM 39913 Bumper Stripper (available at auto parts places.) It's designed to strip paint off of plastic car bumpers. Spray it on, let it sit for a few minutes, wipe the paint off.

Once the paint is off you'll need to clean and polish the plastic. I've used 3M's Plastic Cleaner and Plastic Polish with good results.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...