Sign in to follow this  

Synthetic coolant???????

I just heard about some sort of coolant that is premix and has a higher boiling point that you cannot add water too. suposed to keep you from boiling as much. Just can't remember what it's called ??? anyone

My bike never boils over so wood that even be worth it?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But, I can tell you the Evans does work. If you have minor overheating issues and lose coolant now and then, the Evans will put an end to that. The boiling point is about 100 degrees higher than normal coolant. I use it in my 300XC and have never lost a drop. My bike used to puke out coolant on slow climbs. I was constantly topping it off. Not anymore.

I know, I know. Some will say this hides a problem. But, honestly, I don't think my bike runs dangerously hot. Even, when it was puking coolant, it showed few signs of being really hot. I try to keep an eye on it, if I'm in situations that would lead to overheating. If the bike is jetted properly, I'm not too concerned about it running a little hot now and then. I probably have 1500+ miles on the Evans coolant, with no issues - not a drop lost. I'd have lost gallons of worthless Engine Ice during that same time. Actually, that makes Evans a pretty good $$$ saver, as well.

I use something called Engine Ice. It wont freeze in the winter, and it is proven to make some engines run up to 50 degrees cooler. i doubt it would do anything like 50 degrees on a motorcycle/dirtbike but it definitely helps and I dont run anything else.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But, I can tell you the Evans does work. If you have minor overheating issues and lose coolant now and then, the Evans will put an end to that. The boiling point is about 100 degrees higher than normal coolant. I use it in my 300XC and have never lost a drop. My bike used to puke out coolant on slow climbs. I was constantly topping it off. Not anymore.

I know, I know. Some will say this hides a problem. But, honestly, I don't think my bike runs dangerously hot. Even, when it was puking coolant, it showed few signs of being really hot. I try to keep an eye on it, if I'm in situations that would lead to overheating. If the bike is jetted properly, I'm not too concerned about it running a little hot now and then. I probably have 1500+ miles on the Evans coolant, with no issues - not a drop lost. I'd have lost gallons of worthless Engine Ice during that same time. Actually, that makes Evans a pretty good $$$ saver, as well.

I have never heard of the Evans coolant but I have never had any overheating issues, so Engine Ice does the trick for me. Its at least much better than the regular antifreeze/summer coolant.

I probably shouldn't have called Engine Ice 'worthless;. I've used Engine Ice in all my motorcycles in recent years. I currently have it in two of the three dirt bikes I own. I believe it to be a fine product, probably at least as good as any other traditional coolant.

However, I personally have never experienced that it cools any better or resists boil over noticeably better than other top quality coolants. When I've had minor boil over issues and switched from normal coolant to Engine Ice, it didn't seem to make a lick of real world difference. Just my experience.

In contrast, my experience with Evans Coolant is that it makes a remarkable difference. If minor boil over is your problem, I guarantee this stuff will stop it. Some don't mind losing their coolant all over the trail - emptying their Camelback into the radiator or, worse, using creek water. I find that bothersome and expensive.