Sign in to follow this  

2005 250sx??

hey i was looking into maybe geting a 2005 ktm 250 sx, i was just wondering if these are good bikes?? I had a 2001 ktm200, and it was a great bike. I ride a 2002 cr250 right now, how would the ktm compare to it??

thnaks alot everybody!

this is my current bike and it's an awesome machine. if i bought anything new at this point it would be a newer ktm 250sx. i mostly use mine for D37 desert races, so it's completely set up for off road: handguards, 10 oz. flywheel weight, skid plate, front and back suspension revalved and resprung. i have never ridden an 02 cr 250, but i heard they had light switch power with very little low end. my previous bike was an 02 300 exc. when i bought the 250 i immediately noticed a difference in the 2 bikes. the 250 sx just feels racier and is happiest when you're riding it on the pipe. the bike has a pretty decent hit though it won't be much different that your cr. the 250 motor is aggressive. it pulls to the moon, but also has really good low end power for a 250. the fww on my bike has smoothened the power out a little bit. i struggled with the suspension for a while but it's all dialed in now. if you buy one expect to put some money into the suspension unless you're just going to use it on the track.

i haven't ridden the bike on a track. but i can tell you the bike feels really light and nimble and i even have a large desert tank on it.

ok cool, well my buddys boss just picked up an 05 for pretty cheap, so i am either going to trade him for my cr, or sell my cr and buy it. how much would a clean 05 sx go for generally???

thanks alot!

ok cool, well my buddys boss just picked up an 05 for pretty cheap, so i am either going to trade him for my cr, or sell my cr and buy it. how much would a clean 05 sx go for generally???

thanks alot!

i guess it really depends on the condition, # of aftermarket parts, etc. maybe $3200?