Sign in to follow this  

2009 XC-W(e) ready to ride !

Here are some pics before I get her dirty today !

09ktm300xcwrtsv2.jpg

09ktm300xcwltsa6.jpg

09ktm300xcwfronttt7.jpg

09ktm300xcwrearqk0.jpg

09ktm300xcwrtsilencerdl3.jpg

09ktm300xcwltsilencernt0.jpg

Great service from TT on the FMF Gnarly & Stealth Q !!!

Sweet bike, man I'd love a new one.... never gonna happen :)

Sweet. I did the same thing with my 08. Got all the extras on it, and took some formal pics of it before ever riding it. Enjoy! :)

How about a ride report?? ~ I'm thinking about buying the same bike. And why did you change the stock pipe and silencer?

No argument with the stock pipe, other than it's not as heavy duty as the Gnarly which I've had good luck on past 300's. I tried the Stealth Q to try and be quieter, don't notice any difference in that regard between it and the KTM/FMF Hard Parts unit had on my '08. I took the stock combo off before I ever rode it, have done that the last 3 or 4 bikes, put it back on when I sell it. Even though I've only got 2 hours on the bike I think I've finally gotten the perfect combo of pipe/silencer, jetting and power valve spring setting (pv setting compliments of Enduro Engineering). The motor is unbelievably smooth and pulls from the bottom to the top with no pinging down low and no bogs or hesitation anywhere. The suspension seems to get better every year. I'm going riding all day tomorrow and will give you an update.

Sweet ride Jeff. Is that an EE computer guard I see up there?

Hey can you post up a closer pict of the Cycra handguards. Specificaly of the routing of the clutch/front brake line near the center handguard mounts?

I have the old style EE guards on mine with the Evolution center mounts. I was looking at the system you have but seeing as I already had the EE units ended up using them. But I want to cut my bars down and am having clearance issues with the clutch and brake lines as it is. If I take an inch out of the bars Im going to have some real issues I think.

It looks like your brake line clears easy but your clutch line is in there pretty tight. Are those the stock width bars pictured ie you havent cut them down?

Looks like you have your clutch assy slid down the bar a bit away from the grip. Thats probably causing some of the downward bend of the line I see. I think mine is closer to the grip so maybe that would buy me a little more room. Just looking for options. I may end up going with the Cycras like you have and ebaying mine off.

Also is that the TM designs chain guide on there or stock. My stocker on my 08 dont look like yours so Im guessing yours is the TM one. I like yours.

When I took the pictures I hadn't ridden the bike yet. I moved the clutch assy farther out and rotated it down a little for standing up and there are no clearance issues. I will try and post some pics of it tomorrow. My bars are Pro Taper Woods High's, stock width - 31". I can tell you from experience that you will have trouble with the EE bar clamps if you trim the bars. The boys at EE don't feel the need to shorten them, even though I swear all the trees in Mich are 29" apart! The CRM's have a slot that gives you about an inch of width adjustment. You are right - EE odo/computer guard and TM Designs chain guide.

The boys at EE don't feel the need to shorten them, even though I swear all the trees in Mich are 29" apart! The CRM's have a slot that gives you about an inch of width adjustment. You are right - EE odo/computer guard and TM Designs chain guide.

I hear ya there. The bars on my 250X are real narrow, like 30". Going back and forth between that and the KTM's 31.5 makes the KTM feel like I have some cattle catchers on for bars. Im hitting trees left and right with the stock Neken bars. Gotta cut them down.

Ill probably suffer along with what I have for this summer and maybe this winter get the Cycra CRS setup. Well see. I think all ill need is the EE clutch line and that will fix my clearance issues. Ive spent enough for now. Its time to ride. Ill worry about the little things latter.

On a side note I am using the G2 ergonomics threaded bar end inserts and they work killer. The tapered bar end insert I had on my handguards was garbage. These are rock solid. Me likes.

Tell me more about the G2 ergonomics threaded bar inserts. Are they made by the same people that make the G2 throttle cam ? (I use the 200 version and love it !)

Tell me more about the G2 ergonomics threaded bar inserts. Are they made by the same people that make the G2 throttle cam ? (I use the 200 version and love it !)

Im not sure what other parts they make but these are the ones I got. I got them thru my dealer though.

http://www.cyclebuy.com/shopping/g2/g2_mounts.htm

g2_mounts.jpg

There are also these. These look maybe a big more stout but they are a bit more $ also (I got a good deal thru my stealer on the G2's)

http://www.brpmoto.com/product_info.php?cPath=44_319_1214&products_id=422&osCsid=07e6e20c2cfb05964c8312343c27ae77

BMI_9233_full.jpg

Im not sure what other parts they make but these are the ones I got. I got them thru my dealer though.

http://www.cyclebuy.com/shopping/g2/g2_mounts.htm

g2_mounts.jpg

There are also these. These look maybe a big more stout but they are a bit more $ also (I got a good deal thru my stealer on the G2's)

http://www.brpmoto.com/product_info.php?cPath=44_319_1214&products_id=422&osCsid=07e6e20c2cfb05964c8312343c27ae77

BMI_9233_full.jpg

All my bikes (and my friends bikes) use the Atek bar inserts. With the pounding (er..., crashing) we exert on our bikes I trust the metal before the nylon.

Yea I wanted the metal also but didn't feel like paying $10 shipping for a $30 part. I got the G2's for around $12. If I kill these then Ill look elsewhere.

Any ride impressions yet? How does the suspension work?