Sign in to follow this  

It's Friday. I'm Wacko.

So i was curious, cause I'm about to get my second pretty large and in charge tattoo this comin Monday..

Do you ladies have tattoos? Do you even like them?

None here, no real desire to have one. I admire the artistry on some tats... but don't really like them. If my hubby had one, I wouldn't mind, but I think I'd have to draw the line there... tons of them really really turn me off. Saw a guy w/totally tattoed legs today. Blech. Please please please tell me you are NOT considering a 'tramp stamp'!!

pfffft hahahahaha no, thank you that's so early 90's. I have a huge one across my shoulder blades and i'm getting this one under my arm..

pfffft hahahahaha no, thank you that's so early 90's.

Whew! So glad of that... thought I was gonna have to come out there and smack you one! :)

I have a huge one across my shoulder blades and i'm getting this one under my arm..

So, OK, details... what is the one on your shoulder blades of? And under your arm... on the arm itself or torso? And what are you thinking about for that one?

And like I said, I'm not totally anti-tat... just not for me at all. A little here and there is cool though. :D

So i was curious, cause I'm about to get my second pretty large and in charge tattoo this comin Monday..

Do you ladies have tattoos? Do you even like them?

Yup ... I've got a few, lol. :)

My other uncle(not the Annette Funicello-y beach baby waterskiing one) was a merchant marine and circus carnie and has tattoos up and down his arms(I haven't ever seen the rest of him:D) I always bugged him to tell me where he got them and why, but he always said I was too young. I still bug him and he still says I'm too young (grrrr)

He'd make an interesting character in an Austin Powers movie :)

HM, take pix!!!

I have a "tramp stamp". Will you guys think less of me now? It's butterflies and plumerias, with lots of vibrant colors. I love it. I have one on my ankle too, it's a moon inside of a sun kinda thing.

I'm the one on the left. It's not the best picture, but you can kinda see my "tramp stamp".

TowerPark06-0835.jpg

i have a few, and i love them. i have one on my foot, a cupcake on my side, a horseshoe on my neck, birds on my shoulder blades, and i just got a shoulder piece started. its a cherry blossom vine. all done by the same artist, i love her!

to each their own. all of mine are significant to me, and i love them. i don't love the looks and judgements i get for them, especially when i'm with my kids. i don't understand it sometimes, its not like i have a big swastika on my forehead.

the pics are kinda large. sorry. and to explain the cupcake with the skull, my birthday is halloween.

Picture.jpg

DSCN0329.jpg

DSCN0328.jpg

DSCN0064.jpg

Picture005.jpg

thanks! i had gone in on my birthday for something completely different, and came out with that instead. she drew it up on the spot when she found out it was my birthday, and we went from there. i think that shows a true artist, tattoo or otherwise, when they can whip something up with just a mental picture, and nothing to go off of.

well i don't have any tattoo's or really plan on getting one but I think they're pretty cool, they gotta be unique though none of this brand name stuff.

No tat's here....ive seen some pretty cool ones but ive also seem some people go way overboard with them. Every time I think about getting one I have to remind myself that I just don't do well with needles, it amazes me that im not scared of falling off my bike but the thought of getting poked with a needle just scares the crap out of me.:)

its actually not that bad. especially if you get it in a place where you can't see what they're doing. feels more like a scratching than anything. i hate needles too, it took 5 people to hold me down to get a tetanus shot.

i was told before my first one, that if i went through giving birth, i could hang for a tattoo. i said yeah, probably, but you won't tattoo me all effed up on drugs like i was when i was in labor.

Haha, I got a tramp stamp. I like it. Actaully, I don't mind it too much beacuse I'm not gonna have to look at it in 30 years! Sometimes I actaully forget it's there! I'll be getting dressed in the bathroom in front of the mirror, and be like "What's that?...... Oh yeah!" I'll post some pictures later, but its a bull head (taurus) with flames coming off of it. Just the outline. I think it looks good with the "clean lines" but some just think it just looks unfinished.

I don't have any myself.. but I love the traditional tattoo artwork look on others.

Both of my brothers have tattoos. One brother is a navy guy and has two fully covered sleeves plus lots lots more.

Dirt Momma! Love your tattoos!

Ahhhhh, what the hell, GO FOR IT!!!!. Write whatever you want, after all, it's YOUR skin that that has that tattoo on it!!!!!

We had a girl that worked for us who got a fairy tattoo on her lower tummy. Wasn't too long and she got pregnant--I would have loved to see how that fairy grew with her stomach!! It was like 6" tall(to begin with).

I don't mind 'em. Well, some of them. I don't have any myself.

Ideally they ARE a work of art, it just seems some people go crazy with 'em and every square incho skin is covered. It becomes a crazy patchwork of color/tats that I can't appreciate for their artisitc value because they are no longer showcased cleanly. Does that make any sense?

I did see a really cool one the other day. Not cluttered up with stuff. What I could see of it was a tree on her back. It was clean, nice, with good lines. I think I might be an art snob!

My only gripe with tats is that what are you going to think when you are sitting in a nursing home at 75 years old, your grandchild is looking at your butterfly tat that has since turned into 2 weird shaped hot dogs. My $.02