Sign in to follow this  

Did I buy the right fork springs

Hello,

I tried to search older post for an answer, but I just got more confused. I have a 2003 DRZ 400e with stock suspension, I adjusted the compression all the way and the fork still blows through its travel. I ride a lot of choppy trails with squared off ledges. I tend to get bucked a lot. I also adjusted my rebound on my rear shock to slow things up a bit. After last nights ride I realized that I need stiffer springs up front. I am 220 lbs with gear and I ride aggressively (probably a little too much for the bike), I stopped by more local shop and they recommended that I go with Eibach .45 springs. Will these by stiff enough. I know there are variables, but does this sound right?

Thanks,this forum is great.

DMK - those sound soft. IIRC the recommendation for a 220 pounder would be more like .48 or .50 on the forks and 5.6 to 5.8 or so on the rear. You can look up the recommendation at racetech.com - they have a spring rate calculator. I think the stock fork springs are .44 so wouldn't expect a giant change going to .45. Where are you in WV? I grew up in Parkersburg.

Dean