Sign in to follow this  

Subframe..

Alright, so my subframe snapped in half when I was kicking my bike(***. I can't catch a break..)

It's between this subframe:

http://www.motosport.com/offroad/product/AC-RACING-ALUMINUM-SUBFRAME/?catalogId=100056&words=subframe&src=s&srchHistoryURL=uczhqmz4||words~subframe^parentCategoryID~category_root^categoryID~1^categoryName~Dirt#reviews

or spending $311 on an OEM subframe.

People say the AC Racing is garbage but some people say it's good.

$311 for a subframe is stupid. $180 for a subframe is stupid.

Any solutions?

yeah I thought of that too.

For some reason I thought I saw a subframe that was brand new for like $90 on Motosport but now it's not there.

Are there any welders near you? Take it to them- they should be able to fix it... :)

Yea, It should deffinatly work. Any decent welder should be able to make it almost as strong as new.

dont go for that cheap subframe. The reviews suck.

"I was in a pinch as always, needed sub frame cheap. shipped fast . slight differences i found like the bends, and bolt holes were off. I even had to go back and grind off rear plastics just to keep the new hole in metal. oem is the way to go."

My subframe on my KTM is welded at the ear where it connects to the frame down by the pegs. A good welder will make it stronger than new for a fraction of the cost.

Kicking it in a way as to break the subframe in half- Yes, that's pretty weird!