Motosportz Mid-Pipe Guard

Has anyone installed a Motosportz 'mid-pipe' guard on a TE? I've put a PU kit on an '08 450 and have burnt a hole clean through my riding pants. Was this designed/fabricated to alleviate such pant burning? Or is it just for aesthetics for a stock set-up? I never rode my 450 without the PU kit and would not know whether or not that mid-pipe would burn holes when stock. Thanks.

Yes on all.

Yes, it designed to stop you burning things, pants, boots, fingers, small children. So is the Uptite heat shield - and much less effectively - the Husky one.

Yes it does improve aesthetics - primarily by stopping your pipe from looking like you've coated it in burned plastic. This: doubleU x 3 DOT pirieperfprod DOT com / p34strokepipeguard DOT html will prevent you from coating the rest of your pipe as well.

You can also wrap your pipe to prevent the inadvertent plasticizing of your exhaust (and nominally improve performance).

The stock TE set up will do it too, so does the TXC, and the TC (and the KTM and YamaKawaHonZuki).

Has anyone installed a Motosportz 'mid-pipe' guard on a TE? I've put a PU kit on an '08 450 and have burnt a hole clean through my riding pants. Was this designed/fabricated to alleviate such pant burning? Or is it just for aesthetics for a stock set-up? I never rode my 450 without the PU kit and would not know whether or not that mid-pipe would burn holes when stock. Thanks.

The header pipe's factory guard doesn't cover the whole pipe on the left side of the engine and some of us have had it smoke our pants either while riding or having the bike fall on us. The pirie carbon guard looks useful for that as well. Good luck.

The header pipe's factory guard doesn't cover the whole pipe on the left side of the engine and some of us have had it smoke our pants either while riding or having the bike fall on us. The pirie carbon guard looks useful for that as well. Good luck.

Ya, the Pirie Performance Products stuff is really top notch... it's made from Carbon Fiber / Kevlar and really does a great job protecting the bike and keeping heat off of you and your riding gear.

302008002.jpg

302008009.jpg

302008028.jpg

302008030.jpg

I really like the looks of the ones on Huskyrips bike, they probably do a great job to.

I would shy away from the skid plate/bash gaurd. This motor needs the help of the little bit of air it gets to keep it cool, so I have the Up-Tite one on my bike and made the pipe gaurd to match it. IMO.

Up-tites gaurd is good to but, if I can tinker in my shop and do it myself I go that route.

Nice looking bike HR. ?

Thanks for all the help and responses - Is there a website to view the Up-Tite pipe guard(s)? Thanks again, looking forward to more replies and info.

No, don't think so.

Found it! In this link, the poster "Fast1 and jr50kid" both have the Up-tite gaurds. They also have the bash plate just not a good shot. That is the post I was looking for earlier. "No time."

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650605

• 6 months later...

I think Uptite has the best skid/bash plate...hands down

I had the Motsportz mid-pipe heat shield guard and it worked fine but vibrated (bikes biggest flaw) off one day w/o me knowing my pants were burned bad!!!

I bought the Pirie (P3) shield and while it looks the best, my patched pants still got burnt....TWICE. The heat burned straight thru the patch and expanded the hole in my pants, all in less than (1) whole day of riding. I'm going to have to remove it to save my pants. I'm going to order another Motosportz model, even though it doesn't look nearly as nice.

The motorsportz mid pipe guards are good but not perfect. I have had mine for about a year. It developed cracks around the bolt holes and is about to fall off. Don't know if I will replace it with another motorsportz guard.

The motorsportz mid pipe guards are good but not perfect. I have had mine for about a year. It developed cracks around the bolt holes and is about to fall off. Don't know if I will replace it with another motorsportz guard.

I would contact kelly he will probably replace it for free. ?

can you provide a link,for the carbon stuff I have the moto pipe gaurd and I like it but I would love to have the front pipe gaurd very cool thanks

P3 website..... w w w . P i r i e P e r f P r o d . c o m

I bought the Pirie (P3) shield and while it looks the best, my patched pants still got burnt....TWICE. The heat burned straight thru the patch and expanded the hole in my pants, all in less than (1) whole day of riding.

I've been using P3 Carbon/Kevlar pipe and boot guards for years and have never burned a hole in ANY of my riding gear or BOOTS. Actually I find this statement hard to believe because the reason I put it on was for safety! In the past I have burnt my skin accidentally when I touched the pipe while doing a quick repair on the trail, WITH THE P3 PIPE GUARDS this doesn't happen! The pipe guards are heat shields and YES... THEY REALLY WORK!

JustSaying