Sign in to follow this  

Bike To Buy?

Iam looking at buying a new bike.Iam 50 years old (I KNOW, OLD MAN).I have been a Honda guy for 35 years.Last year i purchased a 2007 kawaski KX250F.I really like this bike.This is the first green bike i have ever owned.The bike i had before that was a Honda crf450.Loved that bike to.I really want to go back with the 450.Most of my riding is desert.I have a place in Havasu and thats what we do in the winter.Once in a while i will hit the track with my kids.I used to race back in the 70s and the tracks now kick my ass.My question is,should i buy a 08Kaw kx450,08 Suzuki rmz450 at a great deal or wait for a 09 Kawaski KX450f F.I.Ihave never owned a yellow bike before.For those of that have,what do you think?Plus i can get a F.I bike for cheap compared to a 09 kawa.Thanks

They are all good bikes these days...I haven't been on a bad bike since the 80's...just gotta pick the color of the powerband, and set up the controls for you. Other than that, maintain it, and luck of the draw will determine length of use.

Personally, I haven't owned a yellow bike in quite some time, so I would think if you can get an EFI RMZ450 on the cheap, do it!

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

BTW, I remember Lake Have'a'few has some great open riding and incredible scenery when it's not too hot to ride.

If you live in Havasu I was just wondering if you knew Ralph Allen at all.. He rides as far as I know and I know his son who races too.

Anywho, I would go for the RMZ450. Great handling, good engine, I've never really heard anything bad about the Suzuki 450s.

no i havent, i dont really ride with anyone. i just blast out towards the bill williams river. its an awesome ride ou there