Sign in to follow this  

O ring Chain on a 250F

Been running DID ERT2 chains for a while but, am looking for something to last a little longer. Has any one been running 0 ring chains. Is there any clearence problems (counter shaft/chain guide). Yes I realize that there may be some power loss.

I've run o-ring chains on all of my 250Fs, no problems at all and very little power loss if you spray it with chain lube regularly.

regina orn oring chain are probably the best bang for the buck then match it up with some steel sunstar sprockets and your set for a year for only about $100 ive had a set on my 250f for about 120hour meter hours sprocket are starting to wear never adjust chain or oil it maybe some wd40 to keep it looking new but that about it

O-ring is the way to go, it will last you for a long time.

thanks for the thread I was wondering about the o-ring chain on my 250f as well.

DID 520ERV3...narrow and low drag

i got the DiD professional o-ring is this the right one for my bike?have not installed it yet...its a weird colour goldish but not the same bright as the did mx chains(non o-ring)

The DID 520VT (T-ring, much the same as an o-ring except with a T shaped cross section) chain is a narrow option if things are looking a little close to the case. I'm running one and it's fantastic! The only down side is that you can't get clip style master links for them, only the rivet style.