Sign in to follow this  

Weird intermittent stall question...

When sitting at a light in neutral and idling occasionally if I drop it in gear the bike stalls. Idle speed in gear with the clutch in sounds the same as when it idles in neutral. Checked clutch free play and seems ok. Doesn't happen all the time and when I slip into gear the gear box "chunk" sound sounds a little bit louder when it stalls. Most of the time drops into gear with no issue. Stock '07 California S with 1K miles. California fuel vapor canister removed. Suggestions?

When sitting at a light in neutral and idling occasionally if I drop it in gear the bike stalls. Idle speed in gear with the clutch in sounds the same as when it idles in neutral. Checked clutch free play and seems ok. Doesn't happen all the time and when I slip into gear the gear box "chunk" sound sounds a little bit louder when it stalls. Most of the time drops into gear with no issue. Stock '07 California S with 1K miles. California fuel vapor canister removed. Suggestions?

I had that problem once with an older CR250. It would idle great and run awesome, but every once in awhile it would just stall after putting it in gear. I could not find anything wrong, so I switched oil brands. That fixed everything. I guess that wet clutch was pretty fineky about the type of oil. My only guess was that the clutch was sticking internally.

It's on the list of mods to finish and eliminate it off the list of potential problem areas.