Sign in to follow this  

Dual Sport?

Im going to college next year, and Im thinking about d/s-ing my 04 to run around Morgantown WV. I dont want to take it on the interstate or anything, but I was wondering about any mechanical modifications That will need to be made other than a lighting kit. If you can make any reccomendations it would be helpful. thanks.

Hey, I have an 06' 250X, stock gearing was 14/53 with a 520x116 chain. I am running a 14/45 on a 520x112 "clip master" chain and it has made a noticable difference in my street riding. Now I can cruise the 45-55mph stretches without feeling like it's revvving like crazy!

PS: I bought another set of OEM wheels on eBay and am running Pirelli Scoprion AT 90's for street/dirt roads and they are really great.

I did the Dual sport on an other bike. On this bike my advice would be frequent oil changes/oil level checks and keep the revs down. The bike is not designed to pound the highway. But if you take it easy on it it should serve you well around town.

Think about a hidden switch to kill the ignition (as a theft protection) and some kind of lock for at least one wheel