Sign in to follow this  

These mirrors are sick!

First of all, I'm not a mirror guy. I don't like the looks of mirrors, but I hate riding blind. I tried the small round bar end mirrors but they suck. I found the solution by accident. My friend has an Aprilia 550 supermoto and I decided to try his mirrors on my bike. Not only do they bolt right in, they look great, I can see everything around me, and they don't vibrate. I love them! BTW, they are $30 each. Not a bad price at all.

SN850603.jpg

SN850601.jpg

SN850600.jpg

SN850599.jpg

SN850597.jpg

Looks way better than the stock dumbo ears. Good find.Has anyone ever tried to put a small backup camera under your rear fender, wired up to a very small screen on your handlebar clamp. Much better than any mirror might do. I am going to look into that.

Those are super sick! I love the way they look, and I've never seen them on a DRZ. Your bike is super nice and I love those graphics, who did them XGX?

Looks way better than the stock dumbo ears. Good find.Has anyone ever tried to put a small backup camera under your rear fender, wired up to a very small screen on your handlebar clamp. Much better than any mirror might do. I am going to look into that.

Let me know how that turns out, I like the idea!

geez, i just realized i have an Aprilla dealer 5 miles from my house. gonna call them tomorrow!!!

I've seen that exact thing on the market already! Saw one posted on craigslist for a couple thousand and it came with the bike. I wouldn't use it off road because it would probably rattle apart in a minute. How about fastening a digital camera with the flip around screen to your helmet in just the right spot that you can see the screen, maybe bottom left helmet view. Your body would absorb most shock and help to steady view, not to mention you could look around behind you with just a slight turn of you head.

Yeah I bet you could buy a helmet from the army, like an Apache pilot wears. Yeah freak lets just go all out. I wonder if we can get bikes to park themselves like the lexus that can parallel park by its self

nice mirrors.thanks for sharing the pics.i have similar mirrors from a ktm duke and they are a direct fit as well.

they are more "pointy" arent they ???

I think I will get those

Thanks for all the compliments!:) I just went to this bike shop by my house that sells Aprilia and told them I wanted to order the mirrors. They actually had them in stock! I was surprised by that. :D I was almost ready to get the KTM Duke mirrors if all else failed. These are a little smaller and less expensive.

So, at the dealership, what was the MSRP for the mirrors? I have a Kawasaki shop near me that sells Aprilias and Huskys. What do the KTM mirrors look like?