rounded nut..need help

the problem is a socket would not beable to fit in there..because the nut is sorta hidden in the cylinder, if that makes sense...basically there is no room for a socket to go over eat so u would have to use a open wrench..the close end wouldnt work either cus it would hit the cylinder

Use a sharp chisel and a hammer to spin the nut off. You will need a new nut because the old one will have burs where the chisel bit in.

i thought about that...i think it will work...i was able to find some other ways...your way being on of the, but if it doesnt work..i could dremel a line through it and then use a flat head and hammer to unscrew it.

ok still cant get it off...its the cylinder nut thats right over the water pump on a kx85...the spec torqueon the nut isnt that much either...i tried the chisel idea...but no matter how hard or how many times i did it it wouldnt budge..now there is just a groove in the nut..any other ideas...

The groove you cut in the nut, did it go deep enough to split the nut? If not, use your dremel and continue to cut the nut until you can just start to see the threads, this will release the tension on the nut and you should then be able to spin it off with a chisel. If your careful, you won't damage the stud enough to worry about, or just replace the stud if you go too deep.

no...but i was thinking about trying to split thenut...but i dnt want to bend the stud that is part of the crankcase...i plan on replacing iy anyway...just need a way to get it off...i was thinking of using a dremel...but the space is limited if there is a small enough attactment than yeah i cud get in there...

Could you fit a needle nose vise grip on the nut? Just an idea. You probably can't use an easy out since the stud is past the nut. Take your tank off and whatever else you need to get more working room. I can't think of anything else right now. Good luck.

maybe if you took a little dab of JB weld at stuck on an old socket or something that is roughly the right size and let it FULLY settle and then see if it will come off. if you do that, make sure you dont glob the jb on too much and make sure you wait 24 hours for it to dry and settle. just a thought....

there really isnt any room...vise grips wont be able to fit or else it would hit the exhaust port that sticks out of the cylinder...

http://www.lukesracing.com/kx85cyl.jpg its the one thats under the power valve...

a socket cnt fit over it....i might just use a rotary cutting tool if that would work..and cut a line through it...ill try to chisel it off one more time if not im gonna have to cut into it..

Use a sharp chisel and a hammer to spin the nut off. You will need a new nut because the old one will have burs where the chisel bit in.

+1 on this technique! Not too long ago I used a combination of a small, sharp chisel and a flat-nosed punch with a hardened tip. This allowed me to break the bolt loose that I was working with very, very easily. Before I started on it I thought I would be in for a long, aggravating ordeal, but that simply wasn't the case at all. Oh, and I did soak mine for about a half hour with PB Blaster before I laid the chisel and punch to it. ?

Well, how about removing the engine and then you'll have better access to the nut and bolt. I know it's a lot of work, but it might save you some extra

expenses. Damaged stud/nut ,overheating with welder or propane torch.

You probably can't fit a socket on now anyway.You didn't tell what the actual reason is for removing this part. That might help also.