Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Reedy..

I don't really get it, why do alot of people hate Chad Reed so much?

is it because he decided to sign a SX only deal? (not trying to be rude)because he's not American? because he's made a couple of excuses??

don't get me wrong, i'm not a HUGE fan of him, but i don't mind the guy.

i'm just curious as to why so many people seem to dislike him

• Like 1

i kno nobody but mike alesii and ronnie renner and RC (renner the best) i have no prollem with anybody that can ride and do it good

Well, the main reason for me is that he has always acted like a top dog when he was racing Ricky and Bubba and always got third. Only really stood a chance when both of them crashed, and just about every time he he didn't win he crafted up some excuse to go along with it.

I was also a bit thrown off in this years sx when the announcers kept saying that Reed wasn't only winning because Bubba was injured. Hands down Bubba would have cleaned the floor this past year, although I'm kind of glad he wasn't in it. I really enjoyed watching this season, I was rooting for Windham but oh well, it was a close season.

• Like 1

My biggest reason is that he doesn't respect his fans or his fellow racers. HE says he respects his fans, but he obviously doesn't, he thinks they will flock to him no matter what because he is God's gift to motocross. He thinks so highly of himself and nothing of other racers' hard work and dedication. He had the audacity to say that Ivan Tedesco shouldn't even be out on the same track as him. That is pretty bold if you ask me. I think Kevin Windham said it best when he said that you have to respect the other racers b/c they are who got you where you are. If it weren't for them there would be no fans, no sport, and no mansion for Reed. Nobody is going to come see Chad Reed ride around by himself every week, it is the whole field that gets people to come.

He also blows people off. I know Transworld magazine isn't afraid to say that he will never be on their cover because he kept telling them he was too busy for an interview but wanted to be on their cover. He finally agreed to an interview and when they went and set up for it Reed took off.

My biggest reason is that he doesn't respect his fans or his fellow racers. HE says he respects his fans, but he obviously doesn't, he thinks they will flock to him no matter what because he is God's gift to motocross. He thinks so highly of himself and nothing of other racers' hard work and dedication. He had the audacity to say that Ivan Tedesco shouldn't even be out on the same track as him. That is pretty bold if you ask me. I think Kevin Windham said it best when he said that you have to respect the other racers b/c they are who got you where you are. If it weren't for them there would be no fans, no sport, and no mansion for Reed. Nobody is going to come see Chad Reed ride around by himself every week, it is the whole field that gets people to come.

He also blows people off. I know Transworld magazine isn't afraid to say that he will never be on their cover because he kept telling them he was too busy for an interview but wanted to be on their cover. He finally agreed to an interview and when they went and set up for it Reed took off.

I dont care for him too much because he ALWAYS has an excuse for getting beat. My bike did this, I did that, this guy did this.

BUT I will have to DISagree with your first sentence. I went to the Phoenix SX this year and CR was one of the few TOP racers that just stood there with the crowd in the pit party and signed everyones stuff,

He seemed like a really nice guy. We stood and talked for a good 20 min until he had to go out for practice. I just dont like people that make excuses for their mistakes.

I dont care for him too much because he ALWAYS has an excuse for getting beat. My bike did this, I did that, this guy did this.

BUT I will have to DISagree with your first sentence. I went to the Phoenix SX this year and CR was one of the few TOP racers that just stood there with the crowd in the pit party and signed everyones stuff,

He seemed like a really nice guy. We stood and talked for a good 20 min until he had to go out for practice. I just dont like people that make excuses for their mistakes.

He's changed since he was in NY last then. He refused to have much to do with fans every time he was here, but that was 2005 since he stopped racing outdoors.

fair enough answers.

i will admit, i don't like how he makes so many excuses, and yes, i will agree with the fact that he think's he is the best..especially when both championships' he's won, his biggest comptetitors have been out (RC in 04, JS this year) in saying that, i'm not saying he definatly wouldn't have one if they were in, but it certainly wouldn't have been as 'easy' as it was for him.

like i said, i'm not a huge fan...i'd even go as far to say that i only like the bloke becuase he, aswell as Michael Byrne helped put australia on the MX world map and opened up doors for guys like Metty, Readon, Marmont, Cooper and even McFarlen and Townley to some extent.

and possibly because he did it all on a yami :)

but like i said, i was just curious as to why there's so many Reed bashers out there.

now that RC is gone, CR is now :)

i think everyone hates him, because.....

well i cant think of any reasons why, except he is the only guy that can challenge JS:excuseme:

I have nothing against him, but I'm not a fan of his either. He just seems to have a habit of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. The only thing I really have against him is when he made a comment about IT9 being a "chump". Ivan is one of the nicest people in MX/SX today and is a great guy.

Im not a HUGE fan of anyone anymore. RC wasnt a cocky punk AND he was/is the GOAT.

I'm still a Ricky guy!

Im not a HUGE fan of anyone anymore. RC wasnt a cocky punk AND he was/is the GOAT.

I'm still a Ricky guy!

LOL...did you ever watch him on 125s?

bitch-1.jpg

Reeds to cool for school,bottom line, never have liked him and never will. As much as i hate the guy i will admit this topic is getting old, almost as bad as the 2 vs 4 stroke arguements. It seems ive grown on Trey Canard just because of his attitude, not his results, I also like J-law mostly because of the fact that he's from the town right over and I get to ride with him at englishtown alot, and bubba, he seems to have grown up alot, and his results are phenomenal, what more could you ask from an MX racer.

I used to like Reed quite a lot. He wasn't my favorite, but I liked him. Over the past few years, he did a lot of things that turned me off. Whining, acting like he was the best, when he wasn't, always an excuse/pointing a finger at someone else when he loses. Then, the mother of all of them, at Daytona this year, when he wrecked, stalled his bike, then fired it back up only to ride (off the track) directly to the center of the corner and cut Windham off. When I saw that, ugh, I thought that was the icing on the cake. I was wrong, he got worse. Giving Shorty the finger for a block pass that made (some) contact. (Nothing like the stuff CR22 pulled on JS last year by the way.) Rubbin is racing, but not intentionally crashing your competition, and then whining when somebody doesn't go down without a fight, or pulls the same move on you. Shall I go on?

I don't really get it, why do alot of people hate Chad Reed so much?

is it because he decided to sign a SX only deal? (not trying to be rude)because he's not American? because he's made a couple of excuses??

don't get me wrong, i'm not a HUGE fan of him, but i don't mind the guy.

i'm just curious as to why so many people seem to dislike him

There's nothing wrong with Reed at all. We all need a good guy and a bad guy. If you were studying theatre in college, they would call it a protagonist and an antagonist.

We need to hate someone because it elevates the guy we do like. Chad takes the blunt of the hatred as a public service to the fickle fans.

btw... they used to hate RC. Some still hate James.

All Chad has done is come over here and kicked the crap out of all but two riders. If he wasn't there, the fans would miss him and find someone else to hate.

There's nothing wrong with Reed at all. We all need a good guy and a bad guy. If you were studying theatre in college, they would call it a protagonist and an antagonist.

We need to hate someone because it elevates the guy we do like. Chad takes the blunt of the hatred as a public service to the fickle fans.

btw... they used to hate RC. Some still hate James.

All Chad has done is come over here and kicked the crap out of all but two riders. If he wasn't there, the fans would miss him and find someone else to hate.

you speak as though reed is the object of just bad luck because people decide to hate him for no reason......people hated RC when he switched to honda and when they had him come down as "the king" during opening ceremonies........people hated stewart cuz they loved rc and stewart made some very questionable riding decisions........

i've said it before.......reed could be loved.....but he's been his own worst enemy.......he's said and done things that have really irked a lot of fans..no wait....not just the fans...but even the magazine editors......he's the only rider i've ever seen be totally called out by a mag editor after blowing the guy off.....moving to suzuki could be his opportunity to wipe the slate clean and win back the fans.........and riding outdoors next year wont hurt either......

you speak as though reed is the object of just bad luck because people decide to hate him for no reason......people hated RC when he switched to honda and when they had him come down as "the king" during opening ceremonies........people hated stewart cuz they loved rc and stewart made some very questionable riding decisions........

i've said it before.......reed could be loved.....but he's been his own worst enemy.......he's said and done things that have really irked a lot of fans..no wait....not just the fans...but even the magazine editors......he's the only rider i've ever seen be totally called out by a mag editor after blowing the guy off.....moving to suzuki could be his opportunity to wipe the slate clean and win back the fans.........and riding outdoors next year wont hurt either......

I think I remember quite a few questionable riding decisions by RC. What does the AMA say about that? Nothing. I also remember some by James and Chad. But all is fair in love and racing, right? The AMA never found it necessary to punish James. So how can we? Yet both of those guys eventually earned the respect of the fans.

When you really think about it, Reeds job is to promote the brands and identities of his sponsors. The best way to do that, of course, is to win some races and to conduct yourself with dignity, and mention the names of the sponsors whenever you can.

I am sure it wasn't the first time that editor has been blown off. That editor chose to write about Chad because many people would read it. If he had wrote about that 40th privateer blowing him off, you wouldn't care. I'd bet you anything that the editor in question has blown off quite a few other riders and industry people. Which makes him the same.

There's an ebb and flow to public opinion. 90% of how I feel about the guy is how he performs on the track. i just don't care if a magazine editor likes him or not.

I think I remember quite a few questionable riding decisions by RC. What does the AMA say about that? Nothing. I also remember some by James and Chad. But all is fair in love and racing, right? The AMA never found it necessary to punish James. So how can we? Yet both of those guys eventually earned the respect of the fans.

When you really think about it, Reeds job is to promote the brands and identities of his sponsors. The best way to do that, of course, is to win some races and to conduct yourself with dignity, and mention the names of the sponsors whenever you can.

I am sure it wasn't the first time that editor has been blown off. That editor chose to write about Chad because many people would read it. If he had wrote about that 40th privateer blowing him off, you wouldn't care. I'd bet you anything that the editor in question has blown off quite a few other riders and industry people. Which makes him the same.

There's an ebb and flow to public opinion. 90% of how I feel about the guy is how he performs on the track. i just don't care if a magazine editor likes him or not.

the article in question wasn't about the 40th privateer.......it was about the upcoming sx season and the top riders expected to dominate.......

funny how you say "to win some races and conduct yourself with dignity"........

did you not see the pic exmlb posted just above your post???

Die topic die!

Haters will always hate someone...If not Reed then the next 3rd place guy.

There's no real reason behind the hate...some people just rub you the wrong way. Apparently Reed rubs alot of people the wrong way...hurts their feelings or something? When the pressure is on, every one will do or say something wrong...including the beloved Kdub.