Sign in to follow this  

what does Shell Rotella look like?

i have a rekluse. i've been using yamalube full synthetic 15w-50. i thought my gearing was too high and causing the rekluse to slip too much, but i dropped to a 52 tooth rear and it's still doing it so i think it's the clutch. i went out to advance auto and picked up Shell 10w-40. but i can't find the word rotella anywhere on it. it's white with blue stickers. is that the right stuff?

ugggg never mind. found out myself. i got FormulaShell..... ***... this is pissing me off. where the hell do i find shell rotella????? ive heard it's so common and u can get it at walmart but we don't have a walmart is my small POS town.

not the right stuff... You want the Shell Rotella T 15w40, it is a diesel oil. -- The only type of it you can get now is the triple protection blend. I use it in the engine/trans of my CRF, great stuff.

I'll find you a pic of the bottle...

Here is what it looks like:

51afLTgLcsL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I get it in the 5 gallon pails at Wal mart... But you can get it in one gallon jugs or 1 quart containers at a shell gas station or auto parts store.

i tried that. it says the nearest distributor is 35 miles away. i'll try calling them tomorrow tho
Truthfully, I just use 10w 40 havoline or exxon superflo 10w 40.cheap and change the oil more often.and never had a problem on my KX

Truthfully, I just use 10w 40 havoline or exxon superflo 10w 40.cheap and change the oil more often.and never had a problem on my KX

Using the Havoline here from Texaco too. On a Rekluse equipped YZ two smoke. No issues here.

• Like 1