Sign in to follow this  

Bust a nut!

How in the heck do I get a sheared off 5mm diameter bolt out of my aluminum case for the oil filer cover on my bike? The cover is off, the rest of the bolt is so damn small, and stuck in the case!:D Honda XR400. Help please! Bolt length is about 7/8" and half of it is still in the case. Your suggestions always appreciated! :)

Careful you don't ruin the threads in the case or damage the case itself. I had the same thing happen on my bike a while back..I just took it to the shop because it seemed like one slip could cost me. It turns out that sometimes the torque specs aren't always correct.

there are e-z outs that small. bluepoint makes a set that has that size. sears might have a set also. when you drill into bolt,have a buddy watch from side to make sure you are holding drill level.

there are e-z outs that small. bluepoint makes a set that has that size. sears might have a set also. when you drill into bolt,have a buddy watch from side to make sure you are holding drill level.

sears have them. Go to sears and buy a set, I paid about 50$ for mine. Its saved me so many times