Sign in to follow this  

Thread for Acerbis tank on an S or SM

A few months ago I ran across a thread about a rider with a black sm who installed the acerbis tank and was able to get the horn installed (although modified) and also was able to find an aftermarket fan to fit with the Acerbis tank on his SM. The aftermarket fan even pulled the same current at the stock fan...

I can't for the life of me find this thread now :) Been searching for 45 minutes using all kinds of variations of the words "acerbis", "tank", "s", "sm" and found many threads but not the one that shows the acerbis mounted on the SM including a fan and horn.

Anyone happen to remember this thread or have it bookmarked?

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=629304

Here it is...

Sorry, but the fan is still sitting on my work bench. I haven't had time to install it yet. I've got the bracket figured out in my head. Just need to pull the tank, take some final measurements and then draw it up. Then cut it out on the CNC and bend it up, test fit it, make changes, redesign, recut, reinstall. It's as simple as that :) Honest, I will post when it is done.

Back to the garage to work on racks.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=629304

Here it is...

Sorry, but the fan is still sitting on my work bench. I haven't had time to install it yet. I've got the bracket figured out in my head. Just need to pull the tank, take some final measurements and then draw it up. Then cut it out on the CNC and bend it up, test fit it, make changes, redesign, recut, reinstall. It's as simple as that :banana: Honest, I will post when it is done.

Back to the garage to work on racks.

did you install it?