Sign in to follow this  

XR 250L fork adjustment

G'day, does anyone know how i can adjust the forks on my 2005 xr250L(make them harder).

Cheers

I think the quick and dirty way is to use heavier fork oil, and of course you could always get stiffer springs.

I have another question about the front forks. How much air can you add to the forks? I found a low pressure shock pump at the Harley dealer this weekend. It works great for airing up or taking out air in the front forks. It has a 0-60psi gauge and bleed valve built in so you can get it the air pretty accurate in them. Brad

Fork pressure for the 91-96 US version with damper rods was 0-6 psi depending on road conditions/ load according to the owners manual.

Check your service manual to stiffen up the forks. The US version came with two springs: a main spring and a 3-1/4"ish spring that could be removed and replaced with a section of PVC pipe OR PVC pipe and shorter 1.5" ATK spring.

I did the 3" of PVC pipe and its great! I wish I knew the resultant spring rate but it feels closer to my dads DRZS than the stock L. The DRZ is sprung for someone heaver than me. The bike dives significantly less under braking.

I found the mod from Ramz's wepage/ 4strokes.com.