Sign in to follow this  

Fouled plug question

Whenever my XR4 does not start cold with the first half-hearted stab of the kickstarter, I pull the plug and clean or replace it. Then, all I have to do is think about kicking it over, and it starts purring like a kitten. Of all the bikes I've owned or ridden, this XR4 is the best! It's SO easy to own!

A couple of things you might like to consider are they are probably more likely to have replaced your plug than adjusted your valve clearances during a routine service :)

Maybe you should ring them and ask them exactly what they did and that may help you narrow down your problem

Sometimes you have to be real specific with what you want or they will do what they want.

Either call the shop and find out exactly what they did or start checking valve clearances, clean air filter, pull and clean the carb and replace the plug. Let us know how you make out 👍

You should have received an itemized list of everything done to your bike during the service. If you didn't, go back and get it, this should help in your troubleshooting. And at the very least you will have some sort of maintenance record to show if you ever sell the bike.