Sign in to follow this  

Jetting and performance mod help

Hey guys i need some help. i actually own a crf450 but im trying to help a buddy of mine with his Drz. He just ordered a FmF jet kit, does anyone acaully know what this kit comes with? what the best size main jet and needle position for sea level to 3000 feet? Also what about opening up this air box a little? anyone know where to cut? We are trying to pick up some more power the cheapest way possible for now so if anyone has any info it would be great!

Hey guys i need some help. i actually own a crf450 but im trying to help a buddy of mine with his Drz. He just ordered a FmF jet kit, does anyone acaully know what this kit comes with? what the best size main jet and needle position for sea level to 3000 feet? Also what about opening up this air box a little? anyone know where to cut? We are trying to pick up some more power the cheapest way possible for now so if anyone has any info it would be great!

What year bike? S,E, or SM model? List your current mods. I would save the jetting for after the 3x3 mod is done. There are alot of mods you can do to the DRZ to make it plenty fast. Go to the FAQ section of this forum.

The bike is stock and he is just looking for more power with out breaking the wallet. It is a 2004 but im not sure the model how can you tell? and what is the 3x3 mod?

the fmf jet kit is made by dynojet.probably a 3109 or 3110 kit.the 3x3 airbox mod is enlarging the airbox snorkel hole to 3"x3" to let in more air.hence the need to rejet to correct a now lean condition.here is a link to a how to video of the 3x3 mod and carb rejet.the rejet can be done as a stage 1 without the 3x3 but the power gain will not be very dramatic.check the drz jetting database for jetting specs.you will also need a 25 pilot jet and socket head float bowl screws to replace the fragile stockers.use an impact driver,small vise grips or JIS screwdriver to remove them.also may want to consider an extended fuel screw to ease future tuning.

any other mods? i think we got the jetting and air box covered.