Sign in to follow this  

Hare scrambles

I am 14 and looking into entering in a hare scramble. I was wondering where the closest one would be to Fresno, CA.

I am 14 and looking into entering in a hare scramble. I was wondering where the closest one would be to Fresno, CA.

My boys (10 & 12) have an interest as well. The only issue is everything seems to be 350+ miles from Fresno. With the races on sunday it makes for a tough drive home.

bertocr125 - maybe we should make our own informal gathering close to home! What do you think? I can get a few other younguns to go out for a "trailride". we dont want to have anything "sanctioned" . it could just be a fun day in the hills.

My boys (10 & 12) have an interest as well. The only issue is everything seems to be 350+ miles from Fresno. With the races on sunday it makes for a tough drive home.

bertocr125 - maybe we should make our own informal gathering close to home! What do you think? I can get a few other younguns to go out for a "trailride". we dont want to have anything "sanctioned" . it could just be a fun day in the hills.

When would you want to have this gathering and where were you thinking? Where do you usually ride? When I trail ride I usually go up towards Mariposa because I have a friends that has trails in his backyard but I would be open to other choices. Also what type of trials do you like to ride?

When would you want to have this gathering and where were you thinking? Where do you usually ride? When I trail ride I usually go up towards Mariposa because I have a friends that has trails in his backyard but I would be open to other choices. Also what type of trials do you like to ride?

we are in coarsegold so we ride miami and 007 to shuteye alot. been on every trail at miami the only one not suitable for the kids is deadman........ no wait it was me that crashed so it's not suitable for me :) we are pretty much open to ride on any weekend except laborday at this point.

I wish I could get my 15 yr old daughter to make the next step in riding more difficult stuff. She likes the desert and Hollister, hates Miami and wont go anywhere else we have tried to get her to.

we are in coarsegold so we ride miami and 007 to shuteye alot. been on every trail at miami the only one not suitable for the kids is deadman........ no wait it was me that crashed so it's not suitable for me :) we are pretty much open to ride on any weekend except laborday at this point.

Just wondering, have you ever been down to hites cove??? its a 4x4 road, pretty rocky. I like Miami, I have been their with my friend before, they have some cool trails. I like the trail were you have to go over a huge rock, its the one coming out the back of the first camping spot entering off 41. I love going to Hollister because they have trails and 2 tracks but its like 2.5 hours away. I have heard people talking about 007 to shuteye, where is this? I can't go this week end but maybe a weekend soon.

There is a scramble race at HH on Nov.22. You can enter the youth event for 15 and under but it's only 45min long so maybe not a challange. The main event is 90min. long but I think you have to be 16yrs old. It's an affordable, fun race and you should check it out.

There is a scramble race at HH on Nov.22. You can enter the youth event for 15 and under but it's only 45min long so maybe not a challange. The main event is 90min. long but I think you have to be 16yrs old. It's an affordable, fun race and you should check it out.

who sponsors this event? do you have a web link?

Just wondering, have you ever been down to hites cove??? its a 4x4 road, pretty rocky. I like Miami, I have been their with my friend before, they have some cool trails. I like the trail were you have to go over a huge rock, its the one coming out the back of the first camping spot entering off 41. I love going to Hollister because they have trails and 2 tracks but its like 2.5 hours away. I have heard people talking about 007 to shuteye, where is this? I can't go this week end but maybe a weekend soon.

i am not familiar with hites cove. google earth shuteye peak.

Not to be critical, but living in Fresno, you'll always be driving a few hours. There Just aren't any places to ride down there. Your not alone, most parents have to drive their kids all over California to compete in the D36 series. We're no diff, I haul my son all over the planet to race Hares and MX. Just plan to camp and leave early after your races. Usually can be home by a decent hour. You might try going to the Prime Time HS in October, its near Morgan Hill, and I think your race would be on Saturday at that event.

Here is the race calendar

http://www.ama-d36.org/events/youth-cross-country/