Sign in to follow this  

Starting bike modification?

I met up with a local guy from this website a couple weeks ago who also has a drz400.

He doesnt recall the link to where he found this mod, but he rewired some wires so he could start the bike without the clutch lever pulled in.

all he needed to do was have the bike in neutral and he could push the start botton and the bike would start.

can anyone explain to me how to do this or have a link for it?

thanks

JR.

I met up with a local guy from this website a couple weeks ago who also has a drz400.

He doesnt recall the link to where he found this mod, but he rewired some wires so he could start the bike without the clutch lever pulled in.

all he needed to do was have the bike in neutral and he could push the start botton and the bike would start.

thanks

JR.

Even easier than that, just pull the wires out from the clutch lever and solder them together and shove them back in. Its will fire right up.

To disable it, you remove the clutch interlock switch, and plug the two wires together where it hooked to the switch pigtail. It has a male and female connector. OEM connections. How can soldering the wires together be easier than that?

thanks

JR.

I did mine and I'm a Blond :) but here is some pics and how to.2404407722_30d0509e70_m.jpg

After removing Headlight Shroud follow wires from Clutch to here behind headlight. Yellow with green line. There is 2 wires.

2403581157_08792b4564_m.jpg

disconnect these 2 wires.

2403581915_a96cb6bd1c_m.jpg

Now connect the 2 wires left on bike.

2403582683_1c3bb81e5c_m.jpg

Disconnect switch on Clutch perch. Look for 2 small retaining clips on switch.

ok, i followed the wires from the clutch going to underneath the shroud and diconected them and reconected the ones behind shroud.

now i am stuck with removing the clutch switch? do i want to take those wires complately off or not?

now my bike with only run in neutral and i cant get it into gear.

any help is appreciated.

jr

After you unplug the clutch switch, you plug the wires from the harness in to each other. You can leave the clutch switch on the bike or remove it.

I suspect you merely plugged the switch wires together and not the ones from the harness.

ok, got it working. i did leave the clutch switch on the bike just incase I want to change it back sometime in the future, thanks.

jr